Sponsored

April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Ouch!

I was Aug 2019, never cancelled and you beat me to the line....but congrats nonetheless...it is a sweet rig!

Maybe Evergreen is just too far from Denver!

I'll keep (sort of!) patiently waiting!
Ugh, so sorry. I know that feeling well, and it wasn’t fun. I think location played into my favor by being just a few minutes from the Denver center. There also seems to just be a lot of randomness in the process right now. Which interior do you have optioned?

evergreenmachine

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Dodge 3500
Ugh, so sorry. I know that feeling well, and it wasn’t fun. I think location played into my favor by being just a few minutes from the Denver center. There also seems to just be a lot of randomness in the process right now. Which interior do you have optioned?
Black Mountain...had to drop the camp kitchen since that apparently is out of the mix until Q3....but they did say the would honor the original price!

Did you get the charger and did they ship that early? I'm hoping to get it before the truck so I can charge without having to use a 110 wall outlet, or wire a dryer outlet in the garage to use the
Black Mountain....had the Camp kitchen but that is apparently delayed until Q3, so dropped that out for now....though my guide did say I could order later at the original price.

Did you get the charger and did they ship that early? Be nice to have that before the truck so I don't have to use a 110 outlet or wire a 220 plug in the garage!

BTW, Thanks for the info amigo!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you get the charger and did they ship that early? Be nice to have that before the truck so I don't have to use a 110 outlet or wire a 220 plug in the garage!
I unexpectedly received the EVSE/charger yesterday, the day after my delivery was originally scheduled. It shipped from Denver. I don’t think they ship them “early,” but they are trying to get them out at the time of your delivery or a little before.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
While my guide still has not returned any text, voicemail or emails in two business days...

The SC is texting and I will be scheduled for Friday the 13th delivery!

...pending my guide gets my purchase agreement fixed so my lender can send the check!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
After the ocean coast delay was made official, I changed to Forest Edge in hopes to still get delivery by end of May (keeping the Forest green exterior). On 4/28 my guide called me that they had been given a list of built vehicles to match up. There was one ocean coast interior on the lot but it was Silver and adventure trim and I decided not take it but I did agree to swap to a WHITE exterior, forest edge interior (I will likely wrap it for work anyway so the exterior color was slightly less important at the time). After agreeing to the change as the "fastest possible route to delivery"... nothing. I'm now told that we are 'waiting to be matched to the vehicle we changed to'.
Doesn't make sense to me - I thought we 'selected' from a list of available vehicles but now we are 'waiting to be matched'.

Meanwhile I see my previous config being delivered.

I have zero confidence in this company or this match/delivery process.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
After the ocean coast delay was made official, I changed to Forest Edge in hopes to still get delivery by end of May (keeping the Forest green exterior). On 4/28 my guide called me that they had been given a list of built vehicles to match up. There was one ocean coast interior on the lot but it was Silver and adventure trim and I decided not take it but I did agree to swap to a WHITE exterior, forest edge interior (I will likely wrap it for work anyway so the exterior color was slightly less important at the time). After agreeing to the change as the "fastest possible route to delivery"... nothing. I'm now told that we are 'waiting to be matched to the vehicle we changed to'.
Doesn't make sense to me - I thought we 'selected' from a list of available vehicles but now we are 'waiting to be matched'.

Meanwhile I see my previous config being delivered.

I have zero confidence in this company or this match/delivery process.
Reminds me of real estate with back-up offers for the same property. Hopefully not the case.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Took delivery this afternoon! Loving it so far.
Rivian R1T R1S April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread DC025790-7376-4DCD-9DDB-E851F1E27073

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
While my guide still has not returned any text, voicemail or emails in two business days...

The SC is texting and I will be scheduled for Friday the 13th delivery!

...pending my guide gets my purchase agreement fixed so my lender can send the check!
Congrats!

Sounds like my guide. After my delivery was canceled Thursday, I’ve been trying to get more information. No response after I first reached out early Friday morning. I’m really starting to hate this guide system.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats!

Sounds like my guide. After my delivery was canceled Thursday, I’ve been trying to get more information. No response after I first reached out early Friday morning. I’m really starting to hate this guide system.
check in with CS and see if your guide is on vacation since they haven't responded after cancelling delivery.

Caruso0644

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carusobuildersny.com
Vehicles
22’ GT4, 22’ CT5 V Blackwing, BMW X7 M
Occupation
Builder / Developer
Hello, on 11/23/21 I was assigned the April/May delivery timeframe. I received an initial email from guide on 4/23 but I didn't open because the email subject was "Charging your Rivian On the Go"... No calls or messages. On 4/27 I received another email from her with a more appropriate subject lol "Hello from your Personal Rivian Guide" which then propted me to schedule our call which happened on 5/2.

Like anticipated she informed me that there is no definitive window for OC delivery's and I switched to BM that evening after speaking with her. She removed the gear shuttle on her end the following morning and said I was all set.

We've spoken a few times via phone and Text since and even moved my delivery address to my family's location in NYC (she felt that would help legisically and would speed up delivery as it's only 15-20 minutes from the NY SC).

I asked for an update this AM and she responded "At this point, I am going to GUESS delivery will not be this week. More likely in the next week or so.". But I still have not signed any PBA and the whole things just seems odd since the email last week said that you will receive a PBA as soon as you lock your Spec. She won't give me an estimate on my trade and can't tell me when I can receive the charger.... Having ordered many cars in the past even my most recent purchases both being produced in 22', this has been the most head scratching. Hopefully they can all get things inline or that stock isn't going to go anywhere...

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

My delivery saga continues, I just got assigned to a new vehicle today that is in production. My guide is working on getting timeframes for me (no promises) but said she'd keep an eye on things and let me know when it leaves the factory on the way to the delivery center. She implied that it had already been built and was just waiting to get some final quality checks before being shipped.

Fingers crossed ... again.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Got my conundrum of needing 3rd party lender address listed on Line 22 resolved by #TeamGuide. 8 steps opened Thursday noon, and I had everything done I could do same day. The line 22 edit took another 6 days, and 8 steps have been completed as of an hour ago. I asked guide for a pic of the actual truck, and the delivery team has provided a teaser from Atlanta...

Rivian R1T R1S April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread IMG_20220511_144930

I will be sitting in it in 47.5hrs. It has been a struggle for sure; I'm hoping that all gets washed away Friday and it is positive from there on out. To those still in the middle of the storm, fight the good fight, the Guides are super nice and helpful, however if you veer out of lane with anything that isn't cookie cutter purchase process, it seems to derail them slightly.

I thought I outgrew the Christmas will never come feeling a decade ago...
Sponsored