Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Getting my R1S tomorrow! The timeline:

I reserved 11/20/18 for an R1S. Launch Edition, quad motor, large battery, El Cap, 20" AT Dark wheel, Black Mountain interior, compact spare, cargo crossbars, wall charger.

Got my "Time to begin the purchase process" email on 10/13. Guide contacted me soon thereafter. Got my VIN about that time. About a week later I received my Rivian Wall Charger. I still haven't had time to install it yet and this morning I get my "Rivian is ready for pickup" email!

Well, first they wanted me to pay for it, luckily I had the $$ in the bank account (fortuitous timing on a bond maturing), so I linked my bank account to Rivian using their third party system and that was that for payment.

First available was this Saturday but I had a pickleball tournament during that same time! So I gritted my teeth and booked a Tuesday morning pickup time. But then the local service center guy texted me offering tomorrow at 1pm for pickup! Yea!

I jury rigged the Wall Charger into a 50A outlet that I happened to have available until I can run the in wall MC cable I have for the permanent install. I'm set for now. Can't wait!
Congrats!!!
Friday 1 pm? you got it!
Look out for a Drive by shooting in a red jeep wrangler.
With my smartphone of course lol!!!
Enjoy! :)
Sponsored

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
Getting my R1S tomorrow! The timeline:

I reserved 11/30/18 for an R1S. Launch Edition, quad motor, large battery, El Cap, 20" AT Dark wheel, Black Mountain interior, compact spare, cargo crossbars, wall charger.

Got my "Time to begin the purchase process" email on 10/13. Guide contacted me soon thereafter. Got my VIN about that time. About a week later I received my Rivian Wall Charger. I still haven't had time to install it yet and this morning I get my "Rivian is ready for pickup" email!

Well, first they wanted me to pay for it, luckily I had the $$ in the bank account (fortuitous timing on a bond maturing), so I linked my bank account to Rivian using their third party system and that was that for payment.

First available was this Saturday but I had a pickleball tournament during that same time! So I gritted my teeth and booked a Tuesday morning pickup time. But then the local service center guy texted me offering tomorrow at 1pm for pickup! Yea!

I jury rigged the Wall Charger into a 50A outlet that I happened to have available until I can run the in wall MC cable I have for the permanent install. I'm set for now. Can't wait!
Congratulations! Finally got my R1T Sept 29