Sponsored

Apple Music over Bluetooth

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
For the Apple fans in the house, I ran across this on IG today and couldn't remember seeing it shared here so thought you guys might be interested. Unfortunately this only speaks to the UI and not the codecs employed.

Rivian R1T R1S Apple Music over Bluetooth apple_music_bt
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'm gonna miss CarPlay and Waze on my MachE but I'll get over it, I think haha

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What about changing playlists or radio stations?

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
If they could bring this functionality via USB and not Bluetooth so we’d get higher quality audio I’d be perfectly happy with it personally. Either that or bring Apple Music into the native UI. I just want to listen to music that isn’t over bluetooth and not Spotify.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If they could bring this functionality via USB and not Bluetooth so we’d get higher quality audio I’d be perfectly happy with it personally. Either that or bring Apple Music into the native UI. I just want to listen to music that isn’t over bluetooth and not Spotify.
I agree. I do think this will be added at some point Via update. In the owners manual it describes the usb connection in the center console as having “data” capability, so I hope that eventually that would be the wired connection to the system. I would be surprised if they only allowed BT to their fancy Meridian sound system. It would be a waste.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I agree. I do think this will be added at some point Via update. In the owners manual it describes the usb connection in the center console as having “data” capability, so I hope that eventually that would be the wired connection to the system. I would be surprised if they only allowed BT to their fancy Meridian sound system. It would be a waste.
Currently the only thing they have documented for that is to export gear guard videos to a usb c drive.

Rivian R1T R1S Apple Music over Bluetooth D44966BF-E4A3-46A3-8B4A-A7592330F372

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Nust curious for you all. Does Apple music work with Alexa normally?

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Nust curious for you all. Does Apple music work with Alexa normally?
I am not an Alexa user, but I know that Alexa can be configured to use Apple Music as the default music service.

However, I don’t know how well that will integrate with the UI in the Rivian and, more importantly, I doubt it will allow you to have a bunch of music available for use when out of cell service. That is the beauty of using my phone. All the music I listen to regularly is always with me.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I am not an Alexa user, but I know that Alexa can be configured to use Apple Music as the default music service.

However, I don’t know how well that will integrate with the UI in the Rivian and, more importantly, I doubt it will allow you to have a bunch of music available for use when out of cell service. That is the beauty of using my phone. All the music I listen to regularly is always with me.
Agreed. I have the same concern with Spotify or anything else.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Currently the only thing they have documented for that is to export gear guard videos to a usb c drive.

D44966BF-E4A3-46A3-8B4A-A7592330F372.jpeg
Right. I saw that too. Unless one or more of the other USB ports is also data capable, I think this should be able to connect your phone to the system for music as well *IF* they allow it to via software update. The console is even designed with what looks like cable pass throughs, although they could just be for charging purposes obviously…

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
For the Apple fans in the house, I ran across this on IG today and couldn't remember seeing it shared here so thought you guys might be interested. Unfortunately this only speaks to the UI and not the codecs employed.

apple_music_bt.jpg
FYI, YouTube Music looked similar playing over Bluetooth.

GaryMurphy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
audi

apple_music_bt.jpg
It's important to note that the audio quality of Apple Music over Bluetooth can be influenced by various factors, such as the quality of the Bluetooth connection, the capabilities of your Bluetooth device, and the audio codecs supported by both your device and the Bluetooth device you are using. Apple generally supports high-quality audio codecs like AAC, aptX, and LDAC, but the specific codec used can vary depending on the devices in use.
Sponsored