App 1.10: Phone key pairing failed

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Flaky AF this morning. Been having to use keycard to drive several times the last week. Now the App just gave up.

Tried, but can’t get the app and truck to get in sync anymore.

What a fun tech chore to start the day.

Rivian R1T R1S App 1.10: Phone key pairing failed 6AA8274B-94BB-4D5A-9DA1-86DEAE0745D3
Sponsored

OP
OP
elektrode

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
After 10 attempts with the truck and app arguing over who was in charge of initiating the pairing, I have my PAAK back.

Done leave home without the keycard kids.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Glad you got it working!

I don't understand why anyone would leave the keycard behind—even in a perfect scenario, you can be stranded by something as simple as your phone battery dying, or dropping your phone and breaking it.

I know at one point early on I had to completely remove all Rivian Bluetooth pairings and reset up the app once. I'm not sure what steps you tried, but in this case, I'd probably remove the phone from within the truck (I think you can), remove the app completely, and delete all Rivian bluetooth pairings. Maybe even reboot the phone once. Then re-install the app and set it up from scratch.

I know that when my PaaK gets flaky (like the truck won't unlock), I've learned the best fix is to reboot the phone, then start the Rivian app. This seems to improve responsiveness for awhile.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Happened to me this morning....Pre-heated truck, opened doors...get in..."please present a key"....Uh....always carry keycard luckily.
Sponsored