First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R
Occupation
Control Engineer
I have been thinking about accepting a job offer from Rivian. But whenever I ask certain questions they tell me that they will be able to answer them if I accept the job. Asked about getting a tour of the area that I would be working in and they told me that they don’t do that. I have never got an offer for a company where I cannot see where I’d be working. They just told me to watch videos on YouTube. I have a few questions for people that work there.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
You could just accept the offer, get your answers, and then un-accept if you don't like the answers. And I would assume that they won't answer because they know you won't like the answers, so I certainly wouldn't quit my existing job yet.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I know the EV industry is very protective of their “secrets”, but that is definitely a red flag to me…

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have been thinking about accepting a job offer from Rivian. But whenever I ask certain questions they tell me that they will be able to answer them if I accept the job. Asked about getting a tour of the area that I would be working in and they told me that they don’t do that. I have never got an offer for a company where I cannot see where I’d be working. They just told me to watch videos on YouTube. I have a few questions for people that work there.
Certain questions????

OP
OP

Fly YX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R
Occupation
Control Engineer
I don’t plan on quitting anytime soon. We have been in talks for a few months. I just don’t wanna move and It be the wrong move. They use Aries relocation services but I don’t see a whole lot of information on them either.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fly YX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R
Occupation
Control Engineer
I know the EV industry is very protective of their “secrets”, but that is definitely a red flag to me…
Yes, I already had to sign a NDA.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP

Fly YX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R
Occupation
Control Engineer
Was a control engineer at the last company I worked at and had to get vendors to sign them when I brought them in the plant. So no big deal.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
You could just accept the offer, get your answers, and then un-accept if you don't like the answers. And I would assume that they won't answer because they know you won't like the answers, so I certainly wouldn't quit my existing job yet.
I'd assume that it's that they have sufficient applicants that they don't need to spend the overhead of arranging tours for prospective employees.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

The minimal insight we've been able to glean through the cracks is it's a good place to work. Every place, be it Rivian or Starbucks are bound to have some level of drama. But given the potential and current list of compelling products, I personally would take the offer, even if it means some minor negotiations once you're in the door.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I would consult glassdoor.com and read some of the reviews from actual employees. Rivian has 680+ reviews from actual companies and 70% of those employees recommend working there.

Good luck with your decision.

Also, many of us are looking for friends and family discounts (paging @CutTheLineKyle), so if you decide to make the leap you will become very popular in this forum! :angel:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Why not reach out to someone on LinkedIn? Maybe you get lucky and find an Alumn from your school or some other connection so that they feel comfortable meeting over coffee.
Sponsored