The moderator controls the content

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
All my Spotify complaints have been resolved by going premium. Oops. Apologies for any confusion I’ve added to such Spotify conversations.
Sponsored

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
...but I also have my audio streaming quality set to “Very high”, bandwidth be damned.

39463BF7-3550-4674-992A-07DF31021DAC.png
Does the Rivian app honor those settings?

For those who are defending the app, maybe I'm doing something wrong. In the Spotify mobile app I can navigate in the main home screen. The home screen in the Rivian has very limited options and lacks podcasts and shows. I'm shocked anyone thinks the Spotify app in the Rivian is anything better than mediocre, regardless of how they feel about Spotify as a service.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

There are three ways to add the after market Sirius/XM receiver. First with an AUX in port. Rivian does not have one in the cabin nor will they disclose if the infotainment unit has such a port. Second is a Bluetooth connection. The Rivian infotainment unit will not recognize the Sirius/XM Bluetooth cradle let alone pair with it. Rivian will not disclose their Bluetooth details nor assist in pairing the Sirius/XM cradle. Last is the ancient FM radio approach. Try to find an FM band with limited interference from the vehicle or surrounding FM stations and set the receiver to broadcast to that band. The FM reception by the Rivian infotainment unit is poor. Probably related to the Rivian being an all electric vehicle. However there is an FM Direct adapter which will automatically disconnect the vehicle’s FM antenna when the receiver is active and reconnect the FM antenna when the receiver is turned off. By disconnecting the vehicle antenna and only using the satellite antenna (different frequencies) much of the interference/static is eliminated. The problem is the adapter must be connected between the vehicle antenna and the radio/infotainment unit, typically where the FM antenna lead plugs into the side of the radio/infotainment unit. Rivian will not disclose where the infotainment unit is located, how to access it, nor where the FM antenna lead plugs in. The installation does not require cutting any wires just the installation of an adapter plug. I installed the Sirius/XM receiver and having tried other methods am relegated to using the FM broadcast method. The amount of static/interference present usually makes the Sirius/XM receiver a poor choice. If anyone could tell me where the FM lead can be accessed I would greatly appreciate it.
The RoadyBT SXVRBT1 can be paired to the Rivian via Bluetooth.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
How cumbersome is the xm app changing stations while driving and can you restart songs that have already started? I never really used the app when I had xm. I loved being able to change the station and then restart the song from the beginning.
I never used the app much until I got my R1T either. From the phone it's a PITA as I have to fumble or take my eyes off the road to change stations ect.

I have purchased a Apple CarPlay work around that I installed but haven't finished the setup on. Got the idea from @BadRivian https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-added-to-my-r1t-with-new-rear-view-mirror.7096/ just haven't had time to set it do default to the Rivian sound system. I like the split screen feature a lot, but the Mirrored Surface is a bit to reflective atm for me to recommend it to anyone. I also haven't tested the SQ but I'm guessing it won't be on par with streaming directly from my phone. My primary use is for Maps, Waze and Texting atm. But I really do prefer the location on the mirror as its an easy reach while driving. I'd be interested to see what @BadRivian 's take is on it as he has had his installed for a few weeks I think.

You can also save the dash cam clips and add cameras if you want to. I'm sure Rivian will be able to add some of these features within the next 20 or 30 monthly updates :fingerscrossed:

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback

For those who are defending the app, maybe I'm doing something wrong. In the Spotify mobile app I can navigate in the main home screen. The home screen in the Rivian has very limited options and lacks podcasts and shows. I'm shocked anyone thinks the Spotify app in the Rivian is anything better than mediocre, regardless of how they feel about Spotify as a service.
Someone else will have to answer that as I don't have my truck yet (sorry if it seemed like I was implying that!). I was just voicing my excitement for the app in general.

Having said that I can't imagine they're just going to push out a v1.0.0 of their infotainment system and any apps it has and then call it "good enough". Nothing Rivian has done up to this point would signal that as the case for me, yet. If they haven't made any changes to the infotainment apps 6-8 months then I'll start to get cranky (assuming I even have a truck by then!).

Sponsored

Deleted member 7086

Has anyone tried the RoadyBT SXVRBT1 in the Rivian? I tried the Sirius BT cradle but the truck would not recognize it let alone pair with it. Sirius tech support was less than helpful.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
If they haven't made any changes to the infotainment apps 6-8 months then I'll start to get cranky (assuming I even have a truck by then!).
Month 5 for me… Spotify seemingly unchanged and still screams ‘We are too stubborn (rather than good) to support CarPlay.’

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
I never used the app much until I got my R1T either. From the phone it's a PITA as I have to fumble or take my eyes off the road to change stations ect.

I have purchased a Apple CarPlay work around that I installed but haven't finished the setup on. Got the idea from @BadRivian https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-added-to-my-r1t-with-new-rear-view-mirror.7096/ just haven't had time to set it do default to the Rivian sound system. I like the split screen feature a lot, but the Mirrored Surface is a bit to reflective atm for me to recommend it to anyone. I also haven't tested the SQ but I'm guessing it won't be on par with streaming directly from my phone. My primary use is for Maps, Waze and Texting atm. But I really do prefer the location on the mirror as its an easy reach while driving. I'd be interested to see what @BadRivian 's take is on it as he has had his installed for a few weeks I think.

You can also save the dash cam clips and add cameras if you want to. I'm sure Rivian will be able to add some of these features within the next 20 or 30 monthly updates :fingerscrossed:
That's what I was afraid of honestly. I miss xm alot. Hopefully they add it as an app and you can stream in like spotify.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not exactly, no. It definitely doesn't follow whatever quality setting you choose in the phone app. It does have its own quality option in the Rivian/Spotify settings screen... Whether it works, or not, is debatable. It let me choose "Very High" even with a Free subscription, despite that being limited to Premium users. I upgraded to a premium subscription and ads did go away, but the settings page looks the same.

There isn't much info to really determine what bitrate it's actually streaming at. I can say it doesn't sound as good as other services.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Not sure I understand what you're saying.

You're using premium spotify and you don't think it works in the Rivian? Works flawlessly for me. Or at least as flawlessly as it does with Carplay in my other car. I don't detect any difference.

Or are you just saying that you don't want to upgrade to premium?
I stand corrected, The latest update seems to have fixed most of my complaints. I can now listen to music that sounds like it’s coming from a AM transistor radio. Also Alexa isn’t understanding my song choices. But at this point I don’t even want to use it as I’d rather stream from my iPhone

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Spotify (free version) worked fine for my first several trips. Then yesterday had my go to playlist on and it randomly just jumped to pause in another song I have never heard of. The entire library was blank and unresponsive. Then I thought I would just stream it from my phone, but the phone had the exact same song loaded and blank options. Turned on FM radio for a while then checked back on the phone and it seemed to be working. Turned it back to the truck and it also seemed to be working, but then it kept jumping to random unheard of songs. I could get back to my playlist by tapping it, but sometimes that was every 20 or 30 seconds. On two other short trips after that yesterday it worked fine again. Oh well.
I did finally get my Sirius XM set up on my phone to stream and it's a great app. Coming from a stock radio on a Ford, any audio on this system sounds way better.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Since this is a semi OT rant thread on infotainment, Imma just gonna say that the only things XM Radio are good for are:

1) Repoing a car. Their billing department is like the Sun Tzu of collections. Once they have your contact info and credit card, it's like a three-legged pit bull with rabies and 10 years of fighting experience in the heavyweight junkyard division. They aint letting go, their jaws are locked into the thickest part of your ass. They have a sales and collections staffing department larger than the entire US Government and they are really focused and good at their jobs. Sign up at your own risk. The first three-month free period in a new car is the bait, don't take it unless you want a lifetime of mail from them. Just cancel? Haaahaaahaahaa.

2) Crappy audio quality. As in just above AM Radio.

3) Decent talk radio, news, and sports content.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Tried to use Spotify today, just to have it there, and I can’t even log into my account. Tells me my password is incorrect no matter how I try to log in, even using the QR code, signing in, and pairing through my phone.

I guess it’s just not meant to be 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 7086

NWCamper. From your post it sounds like you were successful in pairing Sirius/XM with your Rivian by Bluetooth. If this is correct could you share how you did it? Thank you.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Since this is a semi OT rant thread on infotainment, Imma just gonna say that the only things XM Radio are good for are:

1) Repoing a car. Their billing department is like the Sun Tzu of collections. Once they have your contact info and credit card, it's like a three-legged pit bull with rabies and 10 years of fighting experience in the heavyweight junkyard division. They aint letting go, their jaws are locked into the thickest part of your ass. They have a sales and collections staffing department larger than the entire US Government and they are really focused and good at their jobs. Sign up at your own risk. The first three-month free period in a new car is the bait, don't take it unless you want a lifetime of mail from them. Just cancel? Haaahaaahaahaa.

2) Crappy audio quality. As in just above AM Radio.

3) Decent talk radio, news, and sports content.
So true. Even going down from two radios to one you have them hounding you. I’m surprised I didn’t see one of their agents hiding in my bushes to tell me about the personalized special offer to get the radio back.

Truth is that streaming on demand services have rendered satellite radio all but irrelevant. I have a high speed data connection good enough to stream whatever I want pretty much everywhere in the country. I don’t have to listen to awful songs and filler bullshit because I have an eclectic mix so I’d rather listen to the best of many genres than all of one.
Sponsored