Sponsored

Anyone swap 20" wheels A/T tires with A/S tires yet?

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Has anyone out there done this yet? Has anyone swapped out their A/T tires on their 20" wheels for A/S?
If so, which tires did you go with and how have they impacted drive feel/efficiency/etc.?
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Tirerack and Discount only show the standard OEM tires and dedicate snow tires as options. It may be a while before some more tires and confirmed in terms of compatibility. It might have something to do with the weight of the truck.

I optioned the 20" black A/T wheels because of the look, but ultimately I don't need true off-road tires. I would sacrifice some off-road capability for additional range and comfort. However I do like the 'three peak" rating of the OEM tires for deep snow. So this might save me from buying a dedicated set of snow wheels and tires.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Has anyone out there done this yet? Has anyone swapped out their A/T tires on their 20" wheels for A/S?
If so, which tires did you go with and how have they impacted drive feel/efficiency/etc.?
Thanks for asking this. This was my plan and main reason for the 20. I am interested in getting 275/60R20 A/S for range.

OP
OP

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Tirerack and Discount only show the standard OEM tires and dedicate snow tires as options. It may be a while before some more tires and confirmed in terms of compatibility. It might have something to do with the weight of the truck.

I optioned the 20" black A/T wheels because of the look, but ultimately I don't need true off-road tires. I would sacrifice some off-road capability for additional range and comfort. However I do like the 'three peak" rating of the OEM tires for deep snow. So this might save me from buying a dedicated set of snow wheels and tires.
Yeah I saw that there are no real options on Tirerack, but shouldn't the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 fit on the 20"s? For 275 width, there are 3 sizes available that could potentially fit (45, 55, 60 aspect ratio). The load rating seems fine for these as well.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Yeah I saw that there are no real options on Tirerack, but shouldn't the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 fit on the 20"s? For 275 width, there are 3 sizes available that could potentially fit (45, 55, 60 aspect ratio). The load rating seems fine for these as well.
There are lots of choices for 275/60-20, including the Pirelli you mention. If I was buying today those are probably the ones I'd go with. 275/60-20 is about 33" in diameter and roughly the same as the factory Rivian 21" and 22" fitments. The 275/65-20 is the oddball of the group in regard to diameter.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Finding tires to meet the load capacity is hard, without going to heavy LT (light truck) tires and killing your range.

I can't imagine this will be a problem forever though.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer