Sponsored

Anyone still waiting for manual tonneau cover ?

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just got an email this afternoon that a package is coming from Rivian. Thankfully they are shipping to correct address(moved in March).
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

After being shipped to an old address, then UPS losing it, I finally received it after my son traveled to the old address to retrieve it (I was still out of the country.)

I got home last night and installed the cover this morning. The first time I pulled the strap to release the locking pins the cheap, f...ing, plastic left side release pin broke. It couldn't even withstand one normal opening! What junk.

I'd read about the fragility of the pins and tried to be gentle using a slow pull for the first opening. But even that didn't help. There's no way those pins will stand up to normal use.

I emailed my Guide Team about it. That means that probably in about a week I'll hear back from them with an initial response that essentially tells me nothing.

Anyone else with this problem get it remedied?
sorry to hear that.

ive had mine for about 3 months and so far so good. i don't take it off often, maybe 1-2 times a week either to fully remove or take a panel or two out to load something.

it came damaged, it was sent before they updated the package, but it was still functional, still is. i do agree that the release latch is the weakest link and hold my breath each time i use it. Rivian can and should do better.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What I dont understand is why is a latch even needed? When the tailgate is closed, isn‘t it just locked in place? Meaning, if It broke, does it even matter? I dont plan on driving with the cover in and the tail gate down. I just don’t understand how they could over engineer such a simple thing and make it fragile.

I guess I’ll know soon enough. After 10 months of waiting I got a UPS notification today that a label has been created.

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Arrived yesterday. No damage, easy to install. Seems to work fine. New packaging is definitely good, we'll see how it holds up to use., though I doubt I'll remove it often. Happy to have it.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I finally got my cover today after 10 months. It came with zero damage, which I was worried about. While I've read a lot from others, I'll say I'm still a little surprised about how cheap this thing is. My 2cents

Pros:
1. look really nice from the outside. appears premium and OEM

2. the bag is way nicer than it needs to be. If fact, I bet half the cost of this thing is the bag. I would totally use this bag for something else.

Cons:
1. Walk around the truck and it looks like you have a premium / aluminum cover. You don't. You have a plastic cover with aluminum for show. all the structural parts (the ends holding it up, the clips) are plastic. They might as well just build a plastic version and sell it for $200.

2. I don't understand the clips and the pully system. It's so fragile and if the clips are not fully pulled it, they will break. You need to pull the pully hard to get them to fully retract, but you also need to put counterweight forward as to not break the clips. it won't last and it will fail. That said, I don't know if I care. The clips only are needed if you want to drive with the tailgate down. Just don't do that if your clips fail (and they will) and you are fine.

I strongly recommend not buying it at its current price. A reasonable price for this thing I'd say is ~$600. I paid $800 which is too much but once you consider the warranty, I think it's fine. My recommendation is to buy one of the other all aluminum options that are out there.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I just got the email this morning saying mine is shipping. Should arrive on time (12/13) based on the estimate they originally sent.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just got the email this morning saying mine is shipping. Should arrive on time (12/13) based on the estimate they originally sent.
Mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY today!!!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I had an original Delivery Window of 11/9 - 11/14. It was delivered yesterday, well packaged, and works great.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Can’t believe it’s FINALLY here. Seems great honestly. Can’t wait to install.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone still waiting for manual tonneau cover ? IMG_4283

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Mine showed up early today! Install was easy, but as others have noted, I do not trust that spring lock mechanism to last. Although it does seem like it could be DIY replaced if necessary. Cover looks sharp when installed!
Sponsored