Sponsored

Anyone order a truck as early as FEB 2019 and still waiting....

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My order date is November 28, 2018. I live in Florida, but am 400 miles from Orlando. Rivian tells me that this excludes me from getting a truck. This fact also excludes me from the R1Shop.

Brian

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
My order date is November 28, 2018. I live in Florida, but am 400 miles from Orlando. Rivian tells me that this excludes me from getting a truck. This fact also excludes me from the R1Shop.

Brian
Some of the videos of EVs post the hurricane down there in FL are disconcerting to put it mildly. Seems to be some issues getting insurance on these things now as well. Apparently some light hits on the Hummer and the damn thing is too expensive to repair.

Not saying this is a Hummer, but the explosion in tech in these things is making them approach throw away status like trying to fix a toaster.

I sent a semi-cranky email which, in apparent conjunction with changing my delivery address to CA, prompted guide assignment and I am told I am about 6-8 weeks out from delivery. I am going to bite the bullet and ship it to Honolulu, even without a service center.

All best to those continuing to wait.
I got the same thing...several months ago as well. i.e. the 6-8 weeks conversation with my guide. Didn't materialize.

hurricanejbr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Toyota Tacoma, Subaru Forester
My cranky email worked and I was assigned a guide and am in the midst of the eight steps now. I was initially secretive about whether I was shipping to Hawaii or not but it does not appear they care. I have to go to California to get it and then I will put it on a ship.
Sponsored