Sponsored

Anyone order a truck as early as FEB 2019 and still waiting....

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Pretty self explanatory title.

Can't get a straight answer out of anyone there as to why people with much later preorders are getting deliveries.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Plenty of day-1 people don't have trucks yet. Perhaps even most. If your config includes any of the following options then you definitely do not have your truck yet as none of these are being produced and may not be produced anytime soon.

Explore Edition
Max Battery
Ocean Coast interior
No-Tonneau
Manual Tonneau
R1S
Dual Motor
Standard Battery

And in addition to the above, Forest Edge interior only entered production very recently, so some people with that are probably still waiting too, but they might get their trucks soon if they don't have any of the above options also holding them up.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales

Can't get a straight answer out of anyone there as to why people with much later preorders are getting deliveries.
Yep, Nov 2018...

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Plenty of day-1 people don't have trucks yet. Perhaps even most. If your config includes any of the following options then you definitely do not have your truck yet as none of these are being produced and may not be produced anytime soon.

Explore Edition
Max Battery
Ocean Coast interior
No-Tonneau
Manual Tonneau
R1S
Dual Motor
Standard Battery

And in addition to the above, Forest Edge interior only entered production very recently, so some people with that are probably still waiting too, but they might get their trucks soon if they don't have any of the above options also holding them up.
Would be nice for them to contact a DEPOSIT HOLDER and tell them:
  • "Make your options "XYZ", and you can get your truck faster."
As compared to letting folks just leap frog over thousands of positions in the Deposit histogram.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

RJ spoke to this pretty clearly in the shareholder meeting. Several things result in "orphaned" trucks and the current system allows those trucks to be assigned to much newer pre-orders based on factors unknown to the general public. This has allowed recent preorders who just happen to have the right configuration to be assigned a guide.

This exact situation is what the Shop is designed to prevent. Once the R1 Shop goes live, that process will be replaced by an invitation to the shop which is much more heavily weighted towards pre-order date so that those with earlier pre-orders will at least have the option to take delivery sooner. You can certainly make an argument that it's a little late for them to be coming up with this, but they are addressing it.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Would be nice for them to contact a DEPOSIT HOLDER and tell them:
  • "Make your options "XYZ", and you can get your truck faster."
As compared to letting folks just leap frog over thousands of positions in the Deposit histogram.
I think that's what they are working on with the R1 shop.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Well...until they built the "Shop" they should have just emailed folks or done a chat with them. I am not particular on the interior...I am particular on getting a truck.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Well...until they built the "Shop" they should have just emailed folks or done a chat with them. I am not particular on the interior...I am particular on getting a truck.
If you expect this company to communicate clearly and with actionable information for customers you will be disappointed. I know I am.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
If you expect this company to communicate clearly and with actionable information for customers you will be disappointed. I know I am.
I am right there with you.

I see your signature. When did you actually do your deposit? I remember there was some number in the email and I seem to recall that I was in the early 7,000 range.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait

I see your signature. When did you actually do your deposit? I remember there was some number in the email and I seem to recall that I was in the early 7,000 range.
I’m in the 7k range and was Feb 2019.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

March 1, 2019.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I wish it were as simple as Guides reaching out to early preorders and say something like...here are the trucks we have, anything you like? And I further wish that there was an option to just go and pick it up (regardless of location - I know many people who would do a road trip to pick up a truck after waiting 3+ years). So that would completely take location as well as configuration out of the equation. Priority should be given to preorder date. Hope the Shop option actually works.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Isn't it that "easy"...? Everyone is dealing with supply chain issues...we get it.

Just requires communication and in the time I spent on a chat, or previously drafting emails, this could have been all figured out.

R1Truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline

Ordered 8/20 - LE R1T LG BM 20" w/ Underbody. Crickets and tumbleweeds.