Sponsored

Anyone know where to buy brush guard designed for Rivian (or Bull Bar)

Step Brady

First Name
Step
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 TT, Ford Expedition L
In rural Colorado, Brush Guards and Bull Bars are necessary for deer, mountain goats, and the occasional moose. I had them and Warn winches on every truck and SUV since the 90s, and they saved a lot of damage and maybe a life. Also, mount off-road driving lights for rural; backroads at night to prevent encounters. Have disconnected parking sensors on Suburban and Ford F150s.
With all the cameras and sensors on a Rivian, I don't want to screw too much up. Customer service is clueless.
I got the feeling not too many buyers are off-roading or on too many serious trails. Maybe light camping? I don't blame you for a $70-$80K new vehicle, but it's a must-have with the animals and occasional blizzards.
Saw some pictures someone had at a Denver service center, and I would love to know where they purchased them. I don't care about appearance.
I got an R1S coming in Spring/Summer (so they say). Haul horses; most extended trips are to southern Wyoming but need extra steel upfront. Hoping I can make it on one charge.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone know where to buy brush guard designed for Rivian (or Bull Bar) IMG_0046.JPG
Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
In rural Colorado, Brush Guards and Bull Bars are necessary for deer, mountain goats, and the occasional moose. I had them and Warn winches on every truck and SUV since the 90s, and they saved a lot of damage and maybe a life. Also, mount off-road driving lights for rural; backroads at night to prevent encounters. Have disconnected parking sensors on Suburban and Ford F150s.
With all the cameras and sensors on a Rivian, I don't want to screw too much up. Customer service is clueless.
I got the feeling not too many buyers are off-roading or on too many serious trails. Maybe light camping? I don't blame you for a $70-$80K new vehicle, but it's a must-have with the animals and occasional blizzards.
Saw some pictures someone had at a Denver service center, and I would love to know where they purchased them. I don't care about appearance.
I got an R1S coming in Spring/Summer (so they say). Haul horses; most extended trips are to southern Wyoming but need extra steel upfront. Hoping I can make it on one charge.
IMG_0046.JPG
I have a similar interest / desire / need, however, as stated in that Denver post, it was a Rivian test mule, not possible to purchase yet. Iā€™ve reached out to many manufacturers and virtually none have any plans to make anything for Rivian ā€¦ itā€™s just too soon ā€¦ not enough demand.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can bring it up with the fab shop across the street today but odds are they aren't going to want to tackle it. There's going to be a lot of cutting involved for anything that's significant enough to actually work. Market is probably too limited around here. I personally would not want one because there's basically no chance it could be designed to not interfere with the sensors or camera.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Between the sensors and the charge door this would be a nightmare to design something that would serve the purposes you need. Best bet is to probably find a decent shop in your area who can make something custom.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can bring it up with the fab shop across the street today but odds are they aren't going to want to tackle it. There's going to be a lot of cutting involved for anything that's significant enough to actually work. Market is probably too limited around here. I personally would not want one because there's basically no chance it could be designed to not interfere with the sensors or camera.
They are interested. Don't have any details at all yet. I'm not sure I want one myself, but it's probably going to mean they need my truck for a few days to be able to take the front end apart for the design. Probably won't see anything from me on it for a few weeks.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Full bumper or bust. Bush guards/bull bars are usually referred to as damage multipliers because they aren't actually designed to take a hit with an animal or car.

Reactions: VSG

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Hereā€™s my 2 cents. I donā€™t see the need for one on the R1T/S. Bull bars are meant to protect the engine so that you donā€™t end up stranded in a dangerous situation with a busted radiator. Thereā€™s no engine to protect in front on an EV and youā€™re going to be messing with the sensors, aerodynamics, and safety design of the vehicle.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hereā€™s my 2 cents. I donā€™t see the need for one on the R1T/S. Bull bars are meant to protect the engine so that you donā€™t end up stranded in a dangerous situation with a busted radiator. Thereā€™s no engine to protect in front on an EV and youā€™re going to be messing with the sensors, aerodynamics, and safety design of the vehicle.
There's still a radiator and lots of coolant up front. You might not end up stranded but I haven't heard what the Rivian will do if it runs out of coolant for the battery system.

If it's a full bumper, in theory it could be designed to put the sensors and camera back into the same place.

Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I don't think Rivian will move if it detects a crash of sufficient magnitude. I remember seeing a HV disconnect, buried deep under the dashboard.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m watching here as well, have had ARB bull bars on my last several Land Cruisers ā€¦ they have saved me more than once hitting deer in the Texas hill country. The bars in that Denver post didnā€™t look like the standard ā€œWaagā€ damage multiplier. They looked heavy duty, but were clearly using the tow hook mounts to get around all the aforementioned sensors and plastic. They do make full bars for newer vehicles, a 200 series Land Cruiser is all plastic with parking sensors, cameras and radar for adaptive cruise ā€¦ so it can be done.
Sponsored