Sponsored

Anyone install Roofnest Meadowlark RTT on R1T yet?

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, C8 Corvette, VW Tiguan
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
Does anyone have the Meadowlark mounted on the R1T?
Sponsored

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I do not have a meadowlark but I do have the condor overland so wanted to give you the feedback on the company/size of the tent

Pros:

The condor fits perfectly, so the meadowlark should fit beautifully on the factory rails

Roofnest has a poor score with the BBB, but after my experience I feel it is likely related to some bad QC during Covid times

The build quality is excellent, and has a couple little features that show a nice attention to detail, loops for mounting things, usb led light, mine even came with a sand mat and bathroom privacy popup that was a nice and welcome surprise

The mounting hardware fit with no issue on the rivian OEM crossbars

Cons:

The tent in winter can condensate with multiple breathing bodies, unfortunately roof nest does not include anti condensation mats or anything, I have had some cheaper tenets that came with mats which was nice

Some parts on the outside of my hardshell have started rusting, but I live at the beach, so I blame myself for not coating the metal, not roofnest, no manufacturer I know can has overcome physics and chemistry, yet.

Other:

Roofnest has a lesser known program that they will give you a credit for having an EV. It's either $200 or a free down camping blanket from them, it may be worth reaching out to have it applied as a discount on the tent purchase instead of as a refund later

https://roofnest.com/ev/

I have owned several tents from several manufacturers over the years:
Yakima, Smittybuilt, FreeSpirit Recreation, Ikamper, Desert Armor, and now Roofnest, my roofnest is honestly up there with the Ikamper in most aspects
*I have no affiliation with Roofnest, just a satisfied customer

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I also have the condor and concur with all that Austin said except the corrosion part despite living 500' to puget sound.
I did have to send 3 followup emails to finally get the EV credit (down blanket). The owner emailed to apologize...also gave congratulations on the "kick ass truck"

OP
OP

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
I do not have a meadowlark but I do have the condor overland so wanted to give you the feedback on the company/size of the tent

Pros:

The condor fits perfectly, so the meadowlark should fit beautifully on the factory rails

Roofnest has a poor score with the BBB, but after my experience I feel it is likely related to some bad QC during Covid times

The build quality is excellent, and has a couple little features that show a nice attention to detail, loops for mounting things, usb led light, mine even came with a sand mat and bathroom privacy popup that was a nice and welcome surprise

The mounting hardware fit with no issue on the rivian OEM crossbars

Cons:

The tent in winter can condensate with multiple breathing bodies, unfortunately roof nest does not include anti condensation mats or anything, I have had some cheaper tenets that came with mats which was nice

Some parts on the outside of my hardshell have started rusting, but I live at the beach, so I blame myself for not coating the metal, not roofnest, no manufacturer I know can has overcome physics and chemistry, yet.

Other:

Roofnest has a lesser known program that they will give you a credit for having an EV. It's either $200 or a free down camping blanket from them, it may be worth reaching out to have it applied as a discount on the tent purchase instead of as a refund later

https://roofnest.com/ev/

I have owned several tents from several manufacturers over the years:
Yakima, Smittybuilt, FreeSpirit Recreation, Ikamper, Desert Armor, and now Roofnest, my roofnest is honestly up there with the Ikamper in most aspects
*I have no affiliation with Roofnest, just a satisfied customer
Great feedback I will contact them about the ev program.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I looked at the Meadowlark. The size and price are certainly attractive. But I went with the iKamper because there arenā€™t really any accessories available with the Meadowlark. I wanted an annex and more insulation. Those are options that I was able to get with the iKamper Skycamp Mini I went with.

Nights in the Colorado Rockies get very windy and cold Thats even the case in the late summer. I wanted the annex for my son and his dog. it should also be useful to us when the winds kick up. I can put the gas firepit in there and make the experience more enjoyable.

Anyways, I know the Meadowlark is more affordable, but look at the iKamper Skycamp Mini 2.0. Itā€™s on sale: https://ikamper.com/products/skycamp-2-0-mini

Sponsored

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
I looked at the Meadowlark. The size and price are certainly attractive. But I went with the iKamper because there arenā€™t really any accessories available with the Meadowlark. I wanted an annex and more insulation. Those are options that I was able to get with the iKamper Skycamp Mini I went with.

Nights in the Colorado Rockies get very windy and cold Thats even the case in the late summer. I wanted the annex for my son and his dog. it should also be useful to us when the winds kick up. I can put the gas firepit in there and make the experience more enjoyable.

Anyways, I know the Meadowlark is more affordable, but look at the iKamper Skycamp Mini 2.0. Itā€™s on sale: https://ikamper.com/products/skycamp-2-0-mini
Its a bummer that annex doesnt have a floor. Do you put a tarp down or no?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Its a bummer that annex doesnt have a floor. Do you put a tarp down or no?
For now Iā€™ve got a tarp. Iā€™m going to check to see if the Annex Plus Footprint can be adapted. But really Iā€˜m not to worried about it.

OP
OP

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
tech entrepreneur

Love the ikamper mini also but I am more concerned with weight at 90 pounds I can easily take it off after camping. I also want quick takedown so instead of a annex I am getting a clam that I can leave up at the camp site. https://amzn.to/3mEoyTK

crp6789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Have you set up the annex yet? How is the height on the annex with the skycamp relatively low on the rails over the bed?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Have you set up the annex yet? How is the height on the annex with the skycamp relatively low on the rails over the bed?
I havenā€™t and I just took the tent off the truck. Iā€™ll try the annex when I reinstall the tent in early May.
Sponsored