Sponsored

Anyone in Texas receive their plates for their R1?

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Mine came from Rivian in Palo Alto, CA. Texas title receipt is 7/12 (arrived 7/25).

Late tax/title penalties where included and paid.

Montgomery County processed it, just north of Houston (near the Houston SC).
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Got mine today…6/8 delivery.

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
Thank you for this tip, it's really appreciated and put my mind at ease.

My tax office was able to confirm everything was received/processed on July 12th, that the lienholder was set correctly, and that tags are shipping directly to me (not through a third party). They said it normally takes 6-8 business days from the day they process.

They were also very friendly, not expected from a DMV related government tax office :)

s00n!
UPS label said Palo Alto, CA, but the tracking shows it originated in Houston Friday 7/22 and delivered next business day Monday 7/25.

Also, I got a kick out of the plate itself ... silent but deadly! EPIC!

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone in Texas receive their plates for their R1? Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.43.26 PM

Edit: Took delivery 6/14
Received registration/plates 7/25

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Took delivery on 7/25 (paperwork completed 7/10). Still waiting for plates. Also waiting for Rivian to pay off my old tesla loan as well.

propofoldream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wanted to get an idea if people in Texas are being notified to self register or if Rivian has been successful in getting plates to owners.
I’m in ATX and have had my truck for about 1.5 months. Just got my plates last week. 👍

Sponsored

OP
OP

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Took delivery on 7/25 (paperwork completed 7/10). Still waiting for plates. Also waiting for Rivian to pay off my old tesla loan as well.
my pay off took about a month and I was getting nervous but glad it was taken care of.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

my pay off took about a month and I was getting nervous but glad it was taken care of.
Thanks. Assuming I'll get 1-2 months of payments returned to me (pay off quote was created day before payment in July).

OP
OP

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Thanks. Assuming I'll get 1-2 months of payments returned to me (pay off quote was created day before payment in July).
same thing happened to me. They were taking so long to pay if off and finally 2 days before the due date of the payment from the previous car I saw it was paid off. Found out I would be getting back 1K and that is a great surprise to always have back.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Received mine today, unexpectedly. Was just sitting on the front porch when getting an amazon delivery. About 4 weeks since delivery

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

Got my plates today. One month and 2 days since delivery. Anyone found a good option for the front plate? I'm not too keen on drilling in the front plate mount.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Got my plates today. One month and 2 days since delivery. Anyone found a good option for the front plate? I'm not too keen on drilling in the front plate mount.
I bought the everyamp mount plate

Dreamwater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Suburban Z71, 1977 CJ5, 2011 Infinity M37
It sounds like more recent deliveries are much smoother on plate delivery.

I received my plates from another Rivian owner in Pennsylvania. Somehow he received plates for myself (TX) and another guy in Florida. Fortunately, one of the people i met at a Rivian meet up here in Houston (thanks Kyle !!) saw this guys post on a Facebook group page and texted me with his information and we arranged for him to send me the package.

I took delivery of the truck March 25th and finally received my plates July 27th. Rivian paid the late taxes of course so i didn't have to mess with that. I was offered by my guide to take care of registration myself but i had no desire.

My take on front plate mounting: Don't do it. It covers up the radar jammer mounted in the bumper. Too bad that isn't an option but i swear my truck somehow flies below the radar...so far. I should've had at least 4 tickets by now.

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

I bought the everyamp mount plate
Have you found that it effects anything? I looks like it should fit between all of the sensors.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I used non leveling RV gap sealant, it's not permanent but invisible and not going anywhere.
Sponsored