Sponsored

Anyone here had a Rivian Guide assigned, then removed from their account?

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
Not a happy camper this morning. I checked my account on 08/06/22 and had a guide assigned. I was surprised since I pre-ordered on 03/20/22. I followed with a phone call to voice mail, emailed with no response and chatted with someone at Rivian. I was told to wait for a follow up email on locking my configuration and contact with the guide.
Well, this morning I checked my account and the guide had been removed and only has the usual Rivian customer support contact information. No explanation or anything. I will be following up with cs this morning as to why this happened.
I am curious to know if this has occurred with anyone else.
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
You have guides assigned? Dang… close to my order date too!

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
those of us with order dates months or years before yours are too sympathetic.

OP
OP
tren01t

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
Contacted customer service this morning and they indicated it was a system error that caused the assignment of a guide to my account. They did apologized for the mix up and knew I would have been excited to be closer to ownership but also disappointed that this was a ghost in the system.
I should be notified "soon" on a delivery window according to CS. I will believe it when I see it. I wished the guide would have communicated that it was an error instead of ghosting me and having me to follow up days later with CS.

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
Contacted customer service this morning and they indicated it was a system error that caused the assignment of a guide to my account. They did apologized for the mix up and knew I would have been excited to be closer to ownership but also disappointed that this was a ghost in the system.
I should be notified "soon" on a delivery window according to CS. I will believe it when I see it. I wished the guide would have communicated that it was an error instead of ghosting me and having me to follow up days later with CS.
Same instance for me. Surprised to have a guide assigned, only to have her stripped away. We exchanged 2 email but she never referenced an error. But she did deflect and said I’d learn more about a delivery date late summer. And a possible delivery window late 2022 - Q2 of 2023. Ironically my order date is also 3/20/22.

While I was hopeful it was “real”, my brain chimed in and I realized that none of it made sense…
Sponsored