Sponsored

Anyone heard anything about San Jose, CA Service Center opening?

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I live close to San Jose and my nearest service center is South San Francisco. With traffic, the trip ends up being over an hour each way. Also getting an appt this last time was 2 months out lol. Hoping a second Bay Area service center will help with the wait times!
Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I live close to San Jose and my nearest service center is South San Francisco. With traffic, the trip ends up being over an hour each way. Also getting an appt this last time was 2 months out lol. Hoping a second Bay Area service center will help with the wait times!
Talked to a Service Advisor at the SSF SC this week while dropping off my R1T. He said the SJ SC is coming, but did not have a date for the opening. He said what he heard is it will be near the intersection of Maybury and King. Which IMO would be an weird place to put it.

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Talked to a Service Advisor at the SSF SC this week while dropping off my R1T. He said the SJ SC is coming, but did not have a date for the opening. He said what he heard is it will be near the intersection of Maybury and King. Which IMO would be an weird place to put it.

I know this area well. Tesla also has some sort of facility near that intersection.

snakeey11

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just got a call to move my appointment from SSF to San Jose on 12/14. Sounded like they're initially only doing appointments on M/W/F.

Sponsored

OP
OP

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Just got a call to move my appointment from SSF to San Jose on 12/14. Sounded like they're initially only doing appointments on M/W/F.
Nice! I just called to see if they could move my 12/2 appt from SF to SJ and they said it’s not open to book yet. Grr

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I talked to a mobile tech this week. He said the San Jose SC is waiting for final permits in order to start servicing cars. They are supposed to be fully operational on 12/5.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Is San Jose open and delivering/servicing vehicles yet?

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I can confirm they are open and doing mobile service. I had a mobile service tech from SJC out last week. Pretty sure they are also doing service at the SC. I have no idea if they are doing new vehicles

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

Picked up my R1S there 12/14/22. seamless

Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Sweet! Picking up my R1T this Saturday in SJ!

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
Can confirm they are doing service there. Had an exterior scratch buffed out, windshield replaced, and some interior detailing done a couple weeks ago. Service was quick and efficient and SC was clean and inviting. The service advisor said it’s been quiet and they need work, assuming Rivian is just starting to route customers there.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Can confirm they are doing service there. Had an exterior scratch buffed out, windshield replaced, and some interior detailing done a couple weeks ago. Service was quick and efficient and SC was clean and inviting. The service advisor said it’s been quiet and they need work, assuming Rivian is just starting to route customers there.
i dont know about them being quiet and not having enough work. I could only book an appointement for Feb 23rd (a month from now) and that was a week ago.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
This will be a huge relief for the SF service center.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Picking my R1S tomorrow from SJ SC!
Sponsored