Sponsored

Anyone hear from their Rivian Guide?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Was just doing a revisit of RJ's interview with Bloomberg from late last year and he touched on several things we keep rehashing on the forum "will there be supply constraints?" specifically which is at the 2min mark btw. He also does a great job diving into the R1 products, their development as well as the their future models.

One thing that made me think though was his emphasis of the vehicle being non compromising between on and off road but delivering 300 plus, or 400 plus miles. Maybe... the concerns raised about tire efficiency start with the off road variant (least efficient) being the range benchmark on road, the others delivering higher range and more efficiency from there. As usual, just filling the void with assumptions, but I'm hoping its a correct one.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/vide...-ev-production-constraints-through-2023-video
Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
My guide keeps calling me pretty much everyday asking about the extended warranty for my truck. I keep asking them questions about delivery and test drives and they are clueless. Not looking good :D

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think you can delay your reservation if you are not ready at launch if you need to. Even if they launched in June, I am pretty sure you can tell them you don't want it until September if that help you.
In a perfect world I could take delivery in March of 2022. But I'd bet they will make me relinquish my LE and get an adventure trim for that delivery timeline.

OP
OP
prasadtakkar

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Though not related to this thread, but if deliveries are expected to start in June. Shouldn't we be seeing EPA test results on the range? Or how far are we from seeing them?

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Though not related to this thread, but if deliveries are expected to start in June. Shouldn't we be seeing EPA test results on the range? Or how far are we from seeing them?
We are very close. We will find out soon.
Sometime between now and a Rivian in my driveway.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In a perfect world I could take delivery in March of 2022. But I'd bet they will make me relinquish my LE and get an adventure trim for that delivery timeline.
Trade you reservations. ?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Freaking reviewers need to hurry up!!

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone hear from their Rivian Guide? SmartSelect_20210527-065026_Samsung Internet

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Let us know if anyone hears from a guide today! Interested to see what information they can provide

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Let us know if anyone hears from a guide today! Interested to see what information they can provide
Pretty sure it will only be emails today, to probably schedule a call later.

I'm also wondering when those calls will start & hope that more information will be disclosed publicly before they do.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Pretty sure it will only be emails today, to probably schedule a call later.

I'm also wondering when those calls will start & hope that more information will be disclosed publicly before they do.
That’s what I keep reading, I’m curious to see if everyone with a launch edition pre-order gets an email today or only the very first in line. I know they said contacts (or calls with the guides) would be done by November though. Should give us an idea of how they plan on distributing the first batch!

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)