Sponsored

Anyone have reservation for competitor EV? (Cybertruck, Lordstown Endurance, Atlis, Hummer, etc.)

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
The hummer is twice the price of the cybertruck and Rivian with similar specs. Complete non starter for most people, $100k for dual motors?! Contrast that to the ct and r1s with 3-4 motors and top acceleration trim at $70k.
Hummer is a tri-motor just like CT, but they do offer a dual motor option. They have a smart automatic locker on the front axle for off roading.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone have reservation for competitor EV? (Cybertruck, Lordstown Endurance, Atlis, Hummer, etc.) 1611237229243
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've got a reservation for the Hummer 1st Edition and an R1T Launch Edition. I'm waiting to see what the towing capabilities are for the Hummer and what expected towing range might end up being. I'm still undecided on if I'll find the 300+ miles for the R1T LE to be enough, especially considering wanting to use it for towing a snowmobile trailer in the winter time. 150 miles would technically be enough range, but 250 miles would mean not needing to stop for a charge for the destinations I'm most interested in driving to. I'm doubting either truck will get that in the winter pulling a trailer.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I had a CT reservation, but I let it go. New model roll outs for Tesla are notoriously problematic and their maintenance division is just overwhelmed (at least in the Phoenix Metro area).

I don't know why I think the Rivian will come out any better, but here I go...

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I have reservations for both R1T Max Pack and CyberTruck Tri-Motor. Time will tell but both have pro's & con's.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have a Hummer EV and R1T reservation. I tend to prefer the Rivian, but there are some ā€unknownsā€œ that worry me: warranty, servicing, quality, and will they stick around. The Hummer has the advantage of GM not going anywhere, known servicing, and CarPlay (a big deal, to me).

Ultimately, Iā€™ll probably pull the trigger on the first one I can actually get delivered.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Does Lyriq count?

Last edited:

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I have an F150 Lightning reservation as well.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Not sure how to post a poll, but I was curious if anyone has other reservations for other EV's? Cyber truck, Lordstown Endurance $53K or Atlis or Hummer or others?

Keeping an eye on the Endurance right now.
I had CT, Ford and Hummer but recently requested my refund, Iā€™m sold. This is happening! :)

Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
I have a cybertruck and a lightning on order. As far as maintenance, well there is no grantee that Rivian's will be better, or worse for than Tesla's, and remember you only hear the horror stories when it comes to repairs.

I will keep my Cybertruck order, but will cancel my lightning, if the Rivian makes it to me first. If the lightning arrives before the R1T I will get the R1S.

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
I have a reservation for the Lucid and the R1S. Plan on keeping both.

LordUlhtred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I have reservation for CT tri motor and Rivian R1S. I had a bunch of concerns due Rivian been a new car maker (Service, reliability, warranty, etc.) and the likelihood of bankruptcy is high - i know that is something no one wants to hear but look at Nikolai, Lordstown. Starting an EV company requires gazillions of $ and expertise - I only placed the order after Amazon invested and they key, for me, is that Amazon put in 100K order of the electric delivery van. This means, that Rivian will have a steady cash flow until 2030. I think that gives Rivian enough time to learn, adapt, improve and Thrive. I probably wouldnā€™t put in my order if that wasnā€™t the case. Depending on how the Tax EV credit comes out of Congress. I am likely to be deciding between R1T vs R1S rather than the cybertruck. Wife actually prefers CT due the range, price, charging network but it is so BIG that it wonā€™t fit in our driveway.

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Best path is to keep options open. The main competitive edge the CT has is Tesla software. We'll have to see if Rivian is able to catch up with Tesla on this.

One downside to the traditional auto maker's service model is in the software space. They stuggle with over-the-air updates, in my experience with Jeep and Lincoln. Also, you are dealing with dealer service departments.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I reserved a Ford Lightning about 20 minutes into the introduction presentation. My local dealer called me within 15 minutes and told me I was their very first reservation. I was seriously considering a Lariat trim with the extended range battery. However the Lariat projected to START at $67474 with extended battery costing $7000 extra. That doesnā€™t include things like the Max Tow pkg. So, for me, it makes more sense to get the XLT at $56774 + $7000 battery + $865 Max Tow = $64639. These prices are based on a survey that Ford sent out so it could change.

I hadnā€™t considered a Rivian very much until this weeks reviews. Then I got a look at the price. For what you get, the Rivian is a huge value IMO. The base model is definitely more luxurious than the Lariat. Itā€™s more on par with the Platinum for a lot less money. Also, unlike the Lightning, this is a true off roader. The Lightning has lower ground clearance than even a standard F150. Where the lightning wins, hands down, is its size. The bed is much larger, the frunk is HUGE and has a very low liftover height. Then there are those outlets everywhere. Finally, the ability to power your home. Iā€˜d like to see Rivian update their software for home power in the future. That would be very useful.

The ONLY thing preventing me from putting money down is my desire to sit and ride in a R1T. Now that I know there are only mid 40K reservations, I feel fairly confident I could get one next year. I really hope Rivian gets their tour up and running REALLY soon. Heck, maybe I should just put the $1000 down anyways. Itā€™s refundable, right?
Sponsored