Sponsored

Anyone have input on using tesla L2 chargers with R1T?

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Hi all. Just curious if anyone has material experience with using tesla branded chargers yet with their R1T.

I’m planning a trip and there’s a particular portion that it would be very helpful to stay at a hotel that’s the only game in town for charging and it’s a tesla destination charger….

I’m assuming these are open to all andI’d just need an adapter to the Rivian format? Any advice on which to purchase?

thanks
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Tesla mini has excellent reputation. Has been discussed in these forums b4.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Lectron adapters also have a good reputation, if a little bigger in size.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I charge daily from a HPWC using a Lectron mini.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Have a lectron adapter that works well. Always glows red at first which induces a slight panic but has always worked.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Opa

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I also have a lectron adapter that works well. Always glows red at first which induces a slight panic but has always worked.
I have a Lectron too, and if you follow the instructions and wait 30 seconds before plugging you get the red ring that turns to green eventually. However, If I plug it straight into the R1T without waiting it goes straight to green for me.
The link to the version I have is below and have used it at a number of Tesla chargers. Fits great under the rear seat with all my other charging cables. https://ev-lectron.com/collections/...tination-chargers-and-mobile-connectors-black

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
We did a road trip in the R1T a few weeks ago and we used a lot of destination chargers. The hotel we stayed at had destination chargers and a stockpile of adapters they loaned out to customers. We also found destination chargers in public parking garages as well. I ended up buying the TeslaTap 80 AMP adapter and using it on the trip. I was ok spending a little more since it's made in the USA. It worked flawlessly and we got a lot of free charging at the destination chargers.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
We did a road trip in the R1T a few weeks ago and we used a lot of destination chargers. The hotel we stayed at had destination chargers and a stockpile of adapters they loaned out to customers. We also found destination chargers in public parking garages as well. I ended up buying the TeslaTap 80 AMP adapter and using it on the trip. I was ok spending a little more since it's made in the USA. It worked flawlessly and we got a lot of free charging at the destination chargers.
Gotcha. And to confirm you’re managing amperage via the dash screen?

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Hi all. Just curious if anyone has material experience with using tesla branded chargers yet with their R1T.

I’m planning a trip and there’s a particular portion that it would be very helpful to stay at a hotel that’s the only game in town for charging and it’s a tesla destination charger….

I’m assuming these are open to all andI’d just need an adapter to the Rivian format? Any advice on which to purchase?

thanks
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...charger-adapter-phone-mount-bed-mat-etc.6246/
Sponsored