Sponsored

Anyone experience a Totaled R1T? How was insurance? How was value determined?

pdpspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche Cayenne ehybrid
Just wondering if anyone on here had to go through the unfortunate experience of a totaled R1t. How did it go with insurance? How was value determined?
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I went with Nationwide through Rivian so if mine is totalled I just get a new one off the front of the production line. I really didn't want to have to worry over the exact questions you're asking.

I have had to have mine in the shop for a tailgate replacement due to damage. Cost me my 1k deductible plus another ~6k from insurance. Nationwide was stellar, easy to work with, and the body shop said the same. I did get a total of about 2 hours of lecturing about how bad State Farm has been for them to deal with.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I went with Nationwide through Rivian so if mine is totalled I just get a new one off the front of the production line.
I believe another member posted that this is not, or is no longer, the case.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I went with Nationwide through Rivian so if mine is totalled I just get a new one off the front of the production line. I really didn't want to have to worry over the exact questions you're asking.

I have had to have mine in the shop for a tailgate replacement due to damage. Cost me my 1k deductible plus another ~6k from insurance. Nationwide was stellar, easy to work with, and the body shop said the same. I did get a total of about 2 hours of lecturing about how bad State Farm has been for them to deal with.
Nationwide would not even give me a quote in southern CA. Have a couple of houses, couple of cars and an umbrella policy, wanted a quote to move everything to them, all they said was they could not come close to my current pricing, would not even give me a price to make my own decision.

I’m guessing because of the houses but since I have the umbrella piece, I need it all on one policy.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I believe another member posted that this is not, or is no longer, the case.
It's in my contract with them, so not sure how that could change without my consent.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

It's in my contract with them, so not sure how that could change without my consent.
That's good to know. I"m wondering if they've made a change to this policy for new customers... I'd like to hear others feedback who've recently had R1 deliveries and opted for the Rivian insurance.

I specifically remember this discussion elsewhere, either in another post or on Reddit. I'm trying to find it now.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
That's good to know. I"m wondering if they've made a change to this policy for new customers... I'd like to hear others feedback who've recently had R1 deliveries and opted for the Rivian insurance.

I specifically remember this discussion elsewhere, either in another post or on Reddit. I'm trying to find it now.
I had Rivian Insurance but dropped them due to a 30% price increase. Regarding having them and being moved up in the production line for replacement, I was not able to validate that from my policy Rivian Insurance (aka Nationwide Declaration page)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

I had Rivian Insurance but dropped them due to a 30% price increase. Regarding having them and being moved up in the production line for replacement, I was not able to validate that from my policy Rivian Insurance (aka Nationwide Declaration page)
For my curiosity, what company did you elect to cover your Rivian?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

It is definitely NOT part of my policy. It was discussed as something they were working on when I took delivery in July, but not finalized.

While I have new car replacement, it doesn’t guarantee delivery priority. More importantly, it also only covers up to 110% of my purchase price so I would still need to pay the difference due to the price increase because I bought under the old pricing.

Are you able to post the contract language? I’m curious how it has changed since I took delivery.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

While I have new car replacement, it doesn’t guarantee delivery priority. More importantly, it also only covers up to 110% of my purchase price so I would still need to pay the difference due to the price increase because I bought under the old pricing.
This is exactly what others have shared, and was my knowledge of the offering by Rivian.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
The new car replacement from Nationwide is a glorified gap insurance. You do not get a new vehicle out of it you just wont owe for your totaled one. You will still need to pay for a new Rivian. Rivian may bump you up in line to get a replacement sooner but you still will have to take a new loan out for it. I started with Nationwide because of the way they worded the new car replacement then I did some digging and I plan on canceling my Nationwide and returning to USAA I already have everything in place to make the change. With Nationwide there are all these little fees like charging me $2 a month to perform an EFT.... really?!?! anyways switching back to USAA with all the same coverages and deductibles plus gap insurance I am saving $40 a month.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Nationwide would not even give me a quote in southern CA. Have a couple of houses, couple of cars and an umbrella policy, wanted a quote to move everything to them, all they said was they could not come close to my current pricing, would not even give me a price to make my own decision.

I’m guessing because of the houses but since I have the umbrella piece, I need it all on one policy.
You can ask the Rivian insurance rep to get you a Cincinati quote, too. They work with both insurance providers, but don't always mention it. If you're a high net worth insuree (sounds like you might be) Cincinati might be happy to have you.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Nationwide guy I talked to didn't want to take the time to give us a quote for everything (multiple properties, 6 vehicles, and specially underwritten umbrella) and thus its estimate for the R1S was much higher than our current carrier due to no multiline discount.
Sponsored