Sponsored

Anyone else's Rivian Wall Connector NOT show the wireless network in the app?

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
(yes it's a wall connector, charger is on the truck)

Anyway, does anyone else's WC NOT show the wireless network in the app?
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else's Rivian Wall Connector NOT show the wireless network in the app? Screenshot_20220807-160502

Wireless network is OMGWTFBBQ, unit works just fine although it doesn't know my truck. Network name shouldn't be a problem, access points are brand new EnGenius ECW336 WIFI6e units.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else's Rivian Wall Connector NOT show the wireless network in the app? Screenshot_20220807-160925

The bottom session is my Model X (it was closer than the truck so it got the privilege of being 1st to test), the 2nd was the truck, figure it would know it was my truck vs "Unknown Vehicle"
Sponsored

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

This is exactly what my wall charger does. I know that it is hooked up to my WiFi because I can look at the old charger sessions. I don't get it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Mine does show my network name. Does list everything as unknown vehicle, though.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Mine lists everything as unknown vehicle. It also shows a few charges from before I ever had my truck too. Like from February and early March.

Sponsored

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
Mine also shows network "Unknown" and Vehicle "Unknown" but it works soooo perhaps a future opportunity to get the software right in this area? I have the same model number and software version that you do.

LeDiable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I had the same issue with the network name when I initially set mine up. I hit the edit link, which required going through the entire process of flipping the breaker and pairing with my phone (fine since I got a new phone too) but once I went through the process again the SSID now shows correctly.

I also have the "unknown vehicle" on all the charge sessions even though it has only ever been used for my R1T, so I'm hoping that'll be a future improvement. Along with some options for disabling/dimming the LED instead of the constant white pulsing.

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
I had the same issue, uninstall and reinstall of the app solved the issue.

OP
OP

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Can confirm that doing a double tap (go through wifi connection steps again) on WiFi network did in fact update it in app.

Just like in life, zombies and video games, always double tap.

Thanks!

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else's Rivian Wall Connector NOT show the wireless network in the app? Screenshot_20220808-095645

Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead... I just got my wall charger installed. Is it normal to not have any Power/Voltage/Amperage info displayed, even when charging?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead... I just got my wall charger installed. Is it normal to not have any Power/Voltage/Amperage info displayed, even when charging?
Next OTA update

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

Does anyone know if there’s a way to check for updates for the wall charger? I’m currently on v03.01.47 and the model is W1-1113-3RV3. I’m currently using it to charge my Tesla while I wait for my R1S to deliver sometime in 2023.

edit: never mind, it seems that the current version I’m on is the newest out right now as per another post. Cool!
Sponsored

Last edited: