Sponsored

Anyone else wonder why the regular All-terrain wheels aren't offered in a dark option?

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

don't mind my lack of skill, but something like this, the anthracite in black, either matte or gloss, and machined part in that black chrome looking tinted clear.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else wonder why the regular All-terrain wheels aren't offered in a dark option? Untitled-1
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
don't mind my lack of skill, but something like this, the anthracite in black, either matte or gloss, and machined part in that black chrome looking tinted clear.
Untitled-1.jpg
Because it’s bad for business to make everything available day one?

”bold new graphics” is a thing.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

With the prices Rivian charges for the other black wheels, no, I haven't given it a thought.

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

With the prices Rivian charges for the other black wheels, no, I haven't given it a thought.
I agree, the prices are outrageous, I still dont get why the dark arent discounted for launch editions, i mean if the 20's or the 22's are an $1800 upgrade for non launch editions, the dark should be discounted by $1800 for launch editions ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else wonder why the regular All-terrain wheels aren't offered in a dark option? Untitled-1

something like this i think would look good, I for one like the look of dark wheels on the some of the colors but i prefer the look of the regular all terrains over whats offered in dark.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Once you get your vehicle, you can bring them to a local shop to have them powder coated pretty inexpensively, probably wouldn’t be and to get the two toned though. But agree, LE options should be offered!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Untitled-1.jpg

something like this i think would look good, I for one like the look of dark wheels on the some of the colors but i prefer the look of the regular all terrains over whats offered in dark.
Two things that I generally prefer, but can't justify:
1. Their dark wheel premium. I'm already paying to upgrade wheels for the first time in my life, I'm not adding on to that.
2. I like Rivian Blue, and it is the color that is the most obvious for me, but it's not worth $1,000 more than the other awesome colors that they have. And it's definitely not worth that much more than the white. The white looks really good in person.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
1. Their dark wheel premium. I'm already paying to upgrade wheels for the first time in my life, I'm not adding on to that.
2. I like Rivian Blue, and it is the color that is the most obvious for me, but it's not worth $1,000 more than the other awesome colors that they have. And it's definitely not worth that much more than the white. The white looks really good in person.
I had decided on the Launch Green, but saw a white one pass by today when I was out running. Quite a surprise - and the color looked amazing. I will prob change my order now.

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Yea I never understood why such a premium on some of the paint colors. a little transparency from them on why that is would be nice, like is it a tint coat ?, a metallic coat ?, extra flake ?, extra coats ?, some rare pigment ?, some explanation would be nice

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I had decided on the Launch Green, but saw a white one pass by today when I was out running. Quite a surprise - and the color looked amazing. I will prob change my order now.
I'm between white and limestone, if we ever see what it actually looks like.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've grown to really like Launch Green. Really kicking myself for not jumping on placing a preorder about a month earlier. The white is definitely really nice though. Now I just need to see a forest green truck in person so I can make a decision.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Once you get your vehicle, you can bring them to a local shop to have them powder coated pretty inexpensively, probably wouldn’t be and to get the two toned though. But agree, LE options should be offered!
I’ve been considering this. I really don’t like the look of the 21’s but want the range. Powder coating them black would probably be about $700.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I’ve been considering this. I really don’t like the look of the 21’s but want the range. Powder coating them black would probably be about $700.
They actually look much better with the aero covers removed. We’ll have to see the affect on range.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They actually look much better with the aero covers removed. We’ll have to see the affect on range.
If I was going with those wheels I’d probably just slap the covers on for highway driving. They won’t do much around town.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I really dislike them without the covers too. Not sure what it is, just the proportions look off to me and made worse being bright. I’ve probably got over a year to worry about it though, who knows what might happen.
Sponsored