Sponsored

Anyone else notice PAAK working worse after 2023.6.2 update?

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Small Business Owner
When I first got my R1T, the PAAK was pretty finicky. I would walk up to the truck and would stand there for a few seconds, and only when I reached for my phone would it unlock. It's like I had to threaten to unlock it manually before it would actually unlock. Sometimes I had to actually go into the app and actually unlock from there.
After a few updates (don't remember which one in particular) the PAAK started working flawlessly. I would walk up to the truck and it would just unlock - every time. When I walked away it would lock fine - every time. However, after the latest update I'm back to the previous behavior where the truck sometimes unlocks but in general I'm having to reach for my phone again. Also, I'm intermittently experiencing an issue where the truck won't recognize my PAAK when I get in to start driving from home - I have to go into the app or turn bluetooth on/off. This happens more infrequently than the unlocking issues, but I never had this problem before. Anyone else? I had turned on the keyfob proximity when the update came through but I'll try turning off proximity on the fob since I don't use it and see if that makes a difference.
Yep. I feel like they overcorrected from the previous PAAK issues. Hoping the next update finds the sweet spot.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Mine is soooo much worse. I have to pull my phone out of my pocket to get it to unlock now. And it won’t unlock from the tailgate area.

somehow, I still hear the truck lock/unlock when I walk around my house, through multiple walls though. Ugh.

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
I seen someone’s rivian and tried opening the app which I dunno why I have it already since I don’t have the truck and won’t for some time lol. Mine wouldn’t open it at all. Lol.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
My fob and phone work very similar to my Tesla. I’d say the Tesla is a little bit better, but have the same delay with that car as I do with the Rivian. I use both the fob and phone for both of them and have not found a magic combination to make either work reliably for either vehicle. Usually I walk up and there’s an unlock delay. But Then sometimes it just locks/unlocks nonstop just being near it.

I figured maybe it was just a high radio signal interference area living here in LA. But that really doesn’t explain it.

SpaceCase

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3P, Model Y, Jeep YJ
Occupation
Specialty Electrical Supply
50% of the time the truck won’t recognize me being close and I have to use the app to unlock. Then it will tell me to present keycard to drive. I have to force close the app and then can drive. Very frustrating.
Sponsored