Sponsored

Anyone else not a fan of the seat design?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
It's better to have friends with boats! A good friend has a wakeboard boat that cost more than a Rivian & has cracks/splits after just a couple years...takes great care of it too.
I have had my Yamaha AR230 for 10 years and just got it reupholstered for the first time this spring. It had just started to split in a few places, many of the cushions were still fine, but in order to match everything, they all got redone.
Sponsored

jacobh

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.besustainable.com
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Model X
Occupation
Web Design + Development
Remains to be seen what the production seats will looks like but the following color combos is all that will be offered. I recently inquired about swapping the wood trim from the Lunar Rock interior into the Black Mountain interior in place of the darker wood and was told that would not be possible.

szSHUh1.jpg
Remains to be seen what the production seats will looks like but the following color combos is all that will be offered. I recently inquired about swapping the wood trim from the Lunar Rock interior into the Black Mountain interior in place of the darker wood and was told that would not be possible.

szSHUh1.jpg
Sophia Park (CMF Designer) does some amazing work with the materials and color on the Rivian R1S interior and the R1T. I don't think they could have picked anyone better.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Every time I see videos and pictures those seats stand out more and more. I don’t like the loose ripple of the material. Looks poorly finished. Hope they go for a cleaner look and tighten up the seats.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
for what its worth, I feel like Kia has some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, especially in the last couple years. They don't LOOK that great, but they definitely feel great. My moms '18 Soul is just incredibly comfortable.
I'm not sure if they use the same supplier, this "hyundai transys company". But yea, its definitely one of the most important aspects of a vehicle, and a weird feeling or uncomfortable seat could totally ruin the launch of this vehicle. I think they are well aware of that and it sounds like they have someone on board who knows that as well...
Completely agree.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29148416/kia-telluride-average-transaction-price/

The Telluride took a heavy aesthetic cue from Rivian with their seats and it seems to be working for them. Same with the CT6 seat design.

I'm a big fan of them and as long as the have some adjustable thigh support settings. I'll be quite pleased I'm sure.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else not a fan of the seat design? 2020-Kia-Telluride-SX-V6-AWD-18

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't care so much about the look, what they have works for me and I doubt I will be disappointed with the final product. What I desperately hope is that they sit as comfortably for 9-10 hrs as the seats in my Volvo.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The Telluride took a heavy aesthetic cue from Rivian with their seats.
Or would that be the other way around? Could be due to the Hyundai Transys shared DNA.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
I feel the interior choices are too dark. There's two dark to one light color combo, but even in the lunar rock choice, floor mats, headliner, pulls and accents are dark, even if the wood trim is light. Black Mountain and Forest Edge are predominately dark.

There are no browns, leather-like choices and I understand if Rivian wants to stay away from looking like leather, but tan and sand like colors are another palette alternative. In general, dark interiors make a vehicle look smaller and retain heat longer, and that's a concern in Florida, Texas, California and elsewhere.

Why not 4 palette choices: two dark and two light?

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I wish the wood from Forest Edge was available in Black Mountain. I think it would be just enough contrast & that the darker grain/pattern would look great with the dark interior.
I agree. While I like the Forest Edge colors, I'd prefer to pair its natural looking wooden trim with the Black Mountain soft bits. The BM wood trim reminds me of that guy in the dorm freshman year that rattle-canned his beautiful new walnut speakers to a matted black finish. Still sounded great, but the beauty was lost forever. To each, their own. Nice to have options....

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I don't care so much about the look, what they have works for me and I doubt I will be disappointed with the final product. What I desperately hope is that they sit as comfortably for 9-10 hrs as the seats in my Volvo.
I'm with you on the Volvo experience. The XC60 R-Design seats are great for long trips. They fit like a glove. Every time I have a passenger, the comfort, security, and adjustability of the front seat seems to get mentioned.

I'm hoping for something similar from Rivian. It sounds like they found the right person and team to make that happen. I think they look great, but my backside always gets to vote in the election of a new or used car. Anything less than a unanimous result and we continue the search. I guess the tale is in the tail....
Sponsored