Sponsored

Anyone driven a Rivian from Seattle to Cannon Beach?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Hi all, just wondering if any of you has gone From the Seattle area to Cannon Beach on your Rivian, and we’re you able to make it without stopping for a charge?
CB is 210 miles away from the Kirkland area, but we do have to go through a pass, which will likely lower our mileage.

any info would be helpful!

thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Forgive my we’re, I meant “were you able”

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Personally, I'd take 8 west out of Olympia, head to Aberdeen, then down the coast. Same distance, no I-5 traffic, and way better scenery. You shouldn't have a problem with the range if you start at 100%, but if you get nervous there are L3 chargers right on the route in Olympia, Aberdeen, and Warrenton.

Chas60422

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Occupation
Healthcare
The Oregon coast has very few EA stations. There is a company called EVCS.com that has 50 kW chargers. They have stations at almost every town on the Oregon Coast.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Better to take 107 at Montesano before Aberdeen. This is a shortcut to 101. Takes you across the Astoria bridge. In Warrenton, shortly south of Astoria, there is an EA at the Fred Meyer.

Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm no help with the question, but boy do I love Cannon Beach.

R1Tacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Clubs

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I haven't done Cannon Beach but have done Astoria a few times with no trouble. With a full charge you should be fine, especially in Conserve (but that's probably not necessary) if you have a place to charge when you get there. I usually go the 5-8-107-101 route suggested above. Definitely skip as much I5 as you can.

If you don't have a charger at your destination, I'd probably stop at the EA in Warrenton just because it will be a lot faster than the EVCS in Cannon Beach. But the distance itself shouldn't be an issue. And there are bail-out points along the way if it's getting tight.

Reactions: VSG

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I drove from Seattle area to Pacific City a few weeks ago. Departed 100% SOC, down I-5 stopped once in Vancouver,WA EA fast charger for about 18 mins and didn’t stop the rest of the way between Vancouver and Pacific City. Drove in conserve and drove between 60-80mph, range was never a concern.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Thanks everyone! Very helpful.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Haven’t come all the way from Seattle, but from Portland. As others have mentioned, the “West Coast Electric Highway” EVCS stations are 50 kW max. Stopped at one a month ago, was there for two hours.

If you’re fine with the slower charging, going down the coast is perfectly doable. If you want least time in transit, I-5 and fast EA chargers, then across at Longview out US-30 to Astoria, then South on 101. There’s an EA in Longview, and another in Astoria. So even if you do a lot of driving in Cannon Beach, you can recharge in Astoria on the way back no problem.

g4b0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I did and I made it all the way. I even drove on the sand for the 10 mile portion that is drivable.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone driven a Rivian from Seattle to Cannon Beach? A4A33AEB-4CBC-43CD-A25B-5817B03B5E88

I left Redmond, WA with 100% charge and made it all the way to Stephanie Inn (and charged there overnight).
Sponsored