Anyone considering the Nikola Badger alternative?

CappyJax

Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
This seems like the wrong move (but I'm no securities lawyer). If you're going to fight and you're not guilty, you remove yourself temporarily, not permanently. You don't resign. That seems an admission of guilt.

Resigning doesn't remove the company's involvement. Trevor was CEO, Chairman of the Board, and principal shareholder. The company's still liable, just as Trevor is. Or am I missing something?
Yes, because now that he has resigned, he can start unloading his shares without reporting it.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicles
Clarity Electric
Yes, because now that he has resigned, he can start unloading his shares without reporting it.
Not until Dec 3rd with all the other original investors. Part of the conditions of the reverse acquisition that allowed them to go public without any of the disclosure and scrutiny normally involved in that process.

Plus he will still own >10% of the outstanding shares and have the same reporting requirements.

Last edited:

CappyJax

Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Not until Dec 3rd with all the other original investors. Part of the conditions of the reverse acquisition that allowed them to go public without any of the disclosure and scrutiny normally involved in that process.

Plus he will still own >10% of the outstanding shares and have the same reporting requirements.
But still, he could dump them all on 12/3 and walk away. I really hope he ends up in jail. He is a huge asshole.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
They are keeping the videos in B&W

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
I did initially - but I got 100% of my money back.
How long did it take for you to get your deposit back? I have emailed multiple times with no reply.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
How long did it take for you to get your deposit back? I have emailed multiple times with no reply.
Guess they're too busy suing youtube "copyright infringers" to refund your deposit. That and you may be far down the suddenly much longer list of people requesting refunds.

U100

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Probably the only way you’ll get your money back now is to file a dispute with your credit card company. I doubt there’s anyone left at Nikola who’ll care about refunding your deposit.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
Probably the only way you’ll get your money back now is to file a dispute with your credit card company. I doubt there’s anyone left at Nikola who’ll care about refunding your deposit.
You shouldn't have to get your credit card company involved. I expect things are a bit chaotic at Nikola and you should keep trying and they will respond soon. I expect there are a lot of people looking for refunds.

U100

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
You shouldn't have to get your credit card company involved. I expect things are a bit chaotic at Nikola and you should keep trying and they will respond soon. I expect there are a lot of people looking for refunds.
Just curious - what makes you believe they will respond soon? Have you had any communication with anyone at Nikola?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
I think they will respond soon, because they are obligated to respond. The money should be available, so there is no reason that they wouldn't respond soonish.

JeepersAlley

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicles
‘19 Tesla Model 3, ‘20 Jeep Gladiator,’13 Jeep Wrangler unlimited, ‘91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, ‘88 Jeep G Wagoneer Limo, ‘88 Jeep J-10, ‘82 Jeep J-10 Stepside, ‘77 Jeep J-20 Ambulance (AM725), ‘83 Datsun 280ZX ...
Occupation
Fire Fighter, Retail Sales
Hello all. I had 2 reservations for the badger and after the badger and the December event was cancelled till further notice I figured I may as well ask for my money back. It took me a while to pull the trigger but I did.
I used the info that I got in my order confirmation email that had a link to request the deposit back. After which I received an email stating it will take about five days to process the refund. Then at around five days I got another email stating it was processed and I should have the funds within 3-5 days. Well, I actually did get my refund in that time frame.
So to all of those in this thread looking to do the same. Start with your confirmation email, don’t blindly email them for help. That’s my advise.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
Hello all. I had 2 reservations for the badger and after the badger and the December event was cancelled till further notice I figured I may as well ask for my money back. It took me a while to pull the trigger but I did.
I used the info that I got in my order confirmation email that had a link to request the deposit back. After which I received an email stating it will take about five days to process the refund. Then at around five days I got another email stating it was processed and I should have the funds within 3-5 days. Well, I actually did get my refund in that time frame.
So to all of those in this thread looking to do the same. Start with your confirmation email, don’t blindly email them for help. That’s my advise.
That “blind email” as you call is what they initially had you do to start the process. Thanks for your advice

Advertisement

Advertisement