Sponsored

Anyone changed their config after getting the "confirm your configuration" email without ~penalty?

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
  • Configured the R1T I want during my Feb '21 pre-order
  • Dec '21 received delivery estimate of Jul '22-Sep '22
  • May '22 I changed my interior from Ocean Coast to Black Mountain to try and speed up delivery
    • I died a little inside, but I feared OC was going to take way too long
  • Jun '22 received delivery estimate of Oct '22-Nov '22
  • Today received a "confirm your configuration" email
Today I find at least two other people on this forum who have OC configured with similar deliver windows to me. I just got a guide assigned, so I've scheduled a call to ask how much it will delay to switch back to OC. I'm slimly hopeful that if others--with later pre-order dates than mine!--might be receiving OC soon, maybe I can, too. But I'm worried that my guide won't have access to any actual, data-driven information, and I'm worried that any change the configuration this late may shuffle my spot to the ~end of the line.

So, can anyone give me hope? Did you made a minor or major change to your configuration after receiving the email to confirm the configuration, and NOT had your delivery window pushed out?
Sponsored

rohobono

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR
Occupation
software
I asked chat about this the other day. I have a sept-oct delivery window and was wondering how long it would delay me if I switched to ocean coast. They couldn't tell me, nor could they say if they started production of any ocean coast yet. They suggested asking my guide once I get one. So I'd be curious to hear what yours says.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrogz

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
Occupation
They couldn't tell me, nor could they say if they started production of any ocean coast yet.
Sadly, this was about the information level of my guide as well. Either she has no insider insight, or she's been instructed not to share it. She couldn't say when OC would be shipping or if it was yet, could not predict how much of a delay would occur if I switched back to it. She could not even answer (other than "hard to say") what the average delivery time is after configuration confirmation.

In the end I'm in "bird in the hand" mode, and Black Mountain does have some nice things going for it, so I think I'm not going to change my configuration at all. I'll leave it for someone else to perform the experiment. :p

rohobono

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR
Occupation
software
"bird in the hand mode"
Yeah I feel that, I'll probably do the same thing when my turn comes. I like the look of all the interiors, but I think I like ocean coast the best and it would help keep things cooler if it sits in the sun. Then again my Tesla with the black interior hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected and the Rivian has ventilated front seats. Thanks for letting me know what they said!

Kpecks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Land Cruiser
How does one find their delivery window?

Sponsored

Durian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Honda
Occupation
Law
R1T Order date 1/14/22. I have this same basic question. Tried chat and CS and basically I'm without any window even though I feel like the Rivian emails have promised something.

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
For what its worth, when I got my "confirm your config" email, my truck was already built and I had a VIN the next morning. If I had wanted to change something it prob would have set it back substantially.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i dont think we'll really know if it does or doesn't impact our delivery date. Guides and CS are saying if we change anything once we confirm our config it could delay delivery. they simply don't know but it makes logical sense that it might.

i would change it so that you get the vehicle you really want. and in the mean time, also ask for access to the Shop so that if you do become more flexible or there's a 2nd or 3rd option you can jump on the vehicle instead of waiting.

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
I changed exterior color. I got a VIN for the new color in less than a week.

OP
OP
Phrogz

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
Occupation
How does one find their delivery window?
I got an email about mine. (Ordered Feb '21, got a delivery window of July-August '22 some months later, then in June '22 got a new email changing estimate to Oct-Nov '22. And then (see my signature). 3 days after I confirmed my configuration my truck was ready for pickup, having been already built and shipped and locally inspected. So...if I had changed something core (like interior or paint, not floormats) it almost certainly would have "penalized" my order. (Unless perhaps I chose a different config that was already sitting at the service center, abandoned by someone else.)
Sponsored