Sponsored

Anybody want to sell their reservation for the launch edition?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I have sent you 2 Bitcoin (sure hope you got it). I will take the second puppy (Rottie?) and expect the R1T in Blue, with black 20" wheels. Please throw in the Camp Kitchen too, since you are a nice guy. Oh yeah, If you can't deliver by Aug 1, 2021 you can refund my purchase in cold hard cash ($122,883).
Camp Kitchen comes free with the Purchase of both the T and S.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
You're just linking back to a post someone made on this forum?

That statement is also also technically false. Nothing prevents anyone from selling their rights under their Pre-Order Agreement to a third party. Rivian has the choice to honor or not honor the assignment of the agreement to someone else. So, any buyer can technically purchase the rights to a Pre-Order Agreement, but the buyer runs the very strong risk that Rivian will no longer honor that agreement. And of course, the Pre-Order Agreement is written so that Rivian can choose not to sell you a vehicle for any reason at their discretion. The Pre-Order Agreement does not even guarantee you any spot in any line.
I’d say that you’re statement is legally false. Can I go out and shoot someone on the street? Sure. Is it legal? No. Here’s the language contained within the Preorder Agreement, which every preorder reservation holder has legally accepted. You cannot legally transfer your rights without Rivian’s express prior consent.

13. Assignment
You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. Rivian may assign these Terms in our discretion without your consent.

Last edited:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
And since CS changed the email address associated with the account for me (and asked zero questions) I think I'll be fine...
Sounds like it. Might be worth checking with them to make sure. Then again, may be better not call attention to anything.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’d say that you’re statement is legally false. Can I go out and shoot someone on the street? Sure. Is it legal? No. Here’s the language contained within the Preorder Agreement, which every preorder reservation holder has legally accepted. You cannot legally transfer your rights without Rivian’s express prior consent.

13. Assignment
You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. Rivian may assign these Terms in our discretion without your consent.
Nope. It may seem weird, but that clause doesn’t prohibit you from assigning the contract. What it does is give Rivian the option of saying you breached the contract if you assigned it. Contract law is not criminal law. The contract doesn’t automatically breach on assignment.

But again, the only real “right” Rivian has promised anyone under the agreement is to endeavor to build some unspecified vehicle in the future at some unspecified date, with no requirement to ever sell you a vehicle.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Nope. It may seem weird, but that clause doesn’t prohibit you from assigning the contract. What it does is give Rivian the option of saying you breached the contract if you assigned it. Contract law is not criminal law. The contract doesn’t automatically breach on assignment.

But again, the only real “right” Rivian has promised anyone under the agreement is to endeavor to build some unspecified vehicle in the future at some unspecified date, with no requirement to ever sell you a vehicle.
Yes, like my murder example, nobody can really prevent anyone else from doing anything.

You seem to be missing the whole point, or simply wanting to argue semantics for the sake of semantics. I understand the difference between criminal and civil law. Bottom lime is that the CONTRACT each of us signed with Rivian SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITS assigning the rights under that contract to another entity. So can you do it? Sure. But you’d no longer have a valid contract because the contract itself FORBIDS it.

Carry on...

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Let me start off by saying, I am in the camp of the reservation is non-transferable.

BUT...

If anyone would like to pay me a non-refundable $25K, I would be willing to attempt transferring my reservation to them. :) There are absolutely no promises that the transfer ever happens.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Or your recently divorced wife who just remarried, changed her name, moved in with the new guy, got a new phone number, AND got the R1T preorder in the divorce... I would assume they need to honor that. Writing that just gave me that chills and might give me nightmares. Sorry.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Or your recently divorced wife who just remarried, changed her name, moved in with the new guy, got a new phone number, AND got the R1T preorder in the divorce... I would assume they need to honor that. Writing that just gave me that chills and might give me nightmares. Sorry.
You should be sorry. That's a nightmare scenario for sure.

Sunielp

First Name
Suniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Brand new here. Was totally set on the cybertruck but started crunching the numbers and looking at differences and would love to get into an R1T. Anybody willing to sell me their reservation?
YUP...contact me
Sponsored