Sponsored

Any word on home link / garage door opener?

hensot01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
VP
Has anyone heard if this will be included, and will they be a hard buttons?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It would be a massive oversight not to have an integrated garage/gate opener. I'd expect it to be in the touch screen, however.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I've not seen any hard buttons, and it would be a huge miss to not include it. I expect touchscreen & voice control.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I would have thought somewhere in the review mirror but its frameless and from all images I did not see any buttons on it. I know there is a opener on the visor but most likely for the garage from the video that is only used for a day or two so no need to program.

Rivian R1T R1S Any word on home link / garage door opener? 1617119403401

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Never used them nor programmed them. Too much security risk.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'd really like to see MyQ support as well. Homelink is great but it's also just a "dumb" transmitter with no awareness of whether the door is open or closed. With MyQ support, my Rivian would be able to determine if my garage door was already open as I approach and only open it (automatically based on proximity) as necessary.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
It'll have the capability, on the screen likely. Hopefully with GPS based support thus it'll be visible at the right times automatically; i.e. arriving at a neighborhood gate or home garage. With the option to yes/no auto open even is nice too like Tesla.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd really like to see MyQ support as well. Homelink is great but it's also just a "dumb" transmitter with no awareness of whether the door is open or closed. With MyQ support, my Rivian would be able to determine if my garage door was already open as I approach and only open it (automatically based on proximity) as necessary.
I use MyQ as well & had the same thought. I'm really starting to think that Rivian's UI is based on Android. If so, there could be native app access or control through Rivian Alexa.

This is going to be interesting...

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

I use MyQ as well & had the same thought. I'm really starting to think that Rivian's UI is based on Android. If so, there could be native app access or control through Rivian Alexa.

This is going to be interesting...
So I have MyQ as well. Alexa plays "middle woman". As long as I have Alexa I don't need a MyQ app nor any special integration on Rivain's part. BTW...that is the beauty of the architecture. As Alexa gets smarter my car will get smarter. It's not all on Rivian.
Any functionality around garage door left open, for example, is handled by Alexa. The Rivian app should support a Geolocation function toward Alexa. I have others that do and based upon that you can trigger the door to close, lock the front door and turn down the temp...etc but that all Alexa.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So I have MyQ as well. Alexa plays "middle woman". As long as I have Alexa I don't need a MyQ app nor any special integration on Rivain's part. BTW...that is the beauty of the architecture. As Alexa gets smarter my car will get smarter. It's not all on Rivian.
Any functionality around garage door left open, for example, is handled by Alexa. The Rivian app should support a Geolocation function toward Alexa. I have others that do and based upon that you can trigger the door to close, lock the front door and turn down the temp...etc but that all Alexa.
What Alexa skill are you using for MyQ (I didn't think there was an official/supported skill from Chamberlain)? Or are you bridging with IFTTT?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have an app through Genie to control my garage door (can see up/down status, as well). However, I hope Rivian has normal RF control available... I don't want to have to rely on an internet connection for the garage door.

Also, lots of people have community gates/doors that have RF codes but they can't necessarily add MyQ or other internet-connected controls.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, lots of people have community gates/doors that have RF codes but they can't necessarily add MyQ or other internet-connected controls.
My gate definitely does not have MyQ, and I hope for a programmable transmitter as well.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

What Alexa skill are you using for MyQ (I didn't think there was an official/supported skill from Chamberlain)? Or are you bridging with IFTTT?
Electruck....I do use IFTTT. Works great!
Sponsored