Sponsored

Any word on Camp Kitchen production/deliveries/pricing?

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Curious if anyone has heard any updates about this? I just had another completely worthless chat with Rivian and was told in 6 different ways, "when a guide is assigned you can ask about this".
Can anyone with a guide ask? And does anyone have anything definitive on if the original pricing will still be honored?
During my chat, I was given the impression that honoring the original pricing will be up to the guide too (which seems unlikely).
Has anyone gotten a camp kitchen yet?
I feel if an option is no longer an option, Rivian should relay this. It could have a significant impact on customers decisions.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s definitely an option, snow peak was touting it at overland expo.

presumably there are shortages of any number of components for it. Many of the snow peak items are sold out with snow peak themselves, for example.

Millertimr

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
It just got removed from my configuration last night without any communication or action from myself. It's really weird.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I've delayed my purchase but when I spoke to my Guide a month ago the Camp Kitchen was still, uh, on the table, and if you ordered it at a given price then that is the price you would get it at when it's ready.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
It just got removed from my configuration last night without any communication or action from myself. It's really weird.
It's been removed before delivery from everyone who ordered it.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It’s definitely an option, snow peak was touting it at overland expo.

presumably there are shortages of any number of components for it. Many of the snow peak items are sold out with snow peak themselves, for example.
I've been struggling to try to get all of the items out of the set.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I would guess that because Rivian has decided to proactively remove the kitchen, tent, and shuttle from all orders with a 2022 delivery date, we shouldn’t expect the kitchen or other removed accessories to be available until next year. Even if some limited numbers will be available before then, the removal suggests Rivian isn’t confident in any deliveries this year having them.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I would guess that because Rivian has decided to proactively remove the kitchen, tent, and shuttle from all orders with a 2022 delivery date, we shouldn’t expect the kitchen or other removed accessories to be available until next year. Even if some limited numbers will be available before then, the removal suggests Rivian isn’t confident in any deliveries this year having them.
To paraphrase the great philosopher Wimpy, I don't see how you can estimate a camp kitchen delivery tomorrow from a truck delivery today.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Oh wow, they removed my kitchen too despite having an Oct production estimate. Let's just hope that they're not like "you didn't have kitchen configured at time of order [because we silently removed it] so you're not eligible to purchase the kitchen at reduced pricing".

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

To paraphrase the great philosopher Wimpy, I don't see how you can estimate a camp kitchen delivery tomorrow from a truck delivery today.
Well, it’s today and the next six months. If Rivian is right now removing the kitchen from orders with 2022 estimated delivery dates, that suggests that Rivian doesn’t believe anyone taking delivery this year will be able to do so with a camp kitchen. Not that everything Rivian does makes sense, but it wouldn’t make sense for them to remove the camp kitchen, right now, from a preorder with an October delivery date if they think there’s a chance the camp kitchen will be available by then.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Laugh of the day award!!

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
it wouldn’t make sense for them to remove the camp kitchen, right now, from a preorder with an October delivery date if they think there’s a chance the camp kitchen will be available by then.
Yeah, I doubt that there will be any kitchens if they're making this move. Plus, even if there are kitchens, there will be a huge year+ backlog of kitchens going back to the earliest deliveries, and they require service center time to install (with SCs already overloaded), so October deliveries will be waiting a while even once they start shipping kitchens.

I wonder if the SC need is actually a major factor here. Like, if they want to focus on ramping up new hires, fixing missed quality issues, making deliveries, etc. then it makes sense that they'd limit elective servicing jobs like kitchen installs.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
No camp kitchen on my pre order anymore either. Disappointing! As long as I can get in the future at same price as Rivian claims, I am ok with it. What else ya gonna do??

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Well, it’s today and the next six months. If Rivian is right now removing the kitchen from orders with 2022 estimated delivery dates, that suggests that Rivian doesn’t believe anyone taking delivery this year will be able to do so with a camp kitchen. Not that everything Rivian does makes sense, but it wouldn’t make sense for them to remove the camp kitchen, right now, from a preorder with an October delivery date if they think there’s a chance the camp kitchen will be available by then.
Agreed. Mine has a Dec 22- Jan 23 delivery date and is longer on my preorder.

estprft

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT pre-order
Occupation
beer
Clubs

camp kitchen and RTT still showing on my configuration page. July - Sept 2022 delivery window. hope it stays that way!
Sponsored