Sponsored

Any Update on the Dearth of 20" AT Deliveries?

JaMa

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 LR Defender 110, 2021 Tesla Model YP
Occupation
Entrepreneur
No I Switched to 21s from the 20s. That’s how I am getting this truck now instead of Nov-Dec
Obvious question, but what about the 22's? My preorder has 22 inch bright and never heard from anyone. Are they supply constrained on those as well? Inquiring minds, well, you know.
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian is waiting on the next cargo ship to arrive in Long Beach.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I realize this only speaks to what was produced a while back BUT at the Portland SC this week there were~25 trucks of which the vast majority had 20"/ATs.
Seeing the 21s on a Limestone truck (my current config) led us to consider switching to the 20s.
It looked to me like someone in a Tux and flip flops.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Sent to me by a friend in Brooklyn.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Count me in as another who switched wheels from 20s to 21s (last Thursday) and received a quick guide assignment (yesterday). They clearly have some 20s, as there still are deliveries happening with them, but it seems like there is enough evidence to suggest that 21s will get your name called sooner at this point.

July '21 preorder, Dallas area.

Edit: This is happening fast - got my guide at 7pm last night, already have a VIN (74**) and the 8-step.
Update - delivery scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Less than two weeks from wheel change in the configurator to (hopefully, assuming inspections go well) truck in my driveway. They're definitely trying to increase those quarter-end delivery numbers.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Posted this in another thread, but my order with 20s changed to scheduled for fulfillment yesterday. So hopefully 20 deliveries are back on again soon?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I realize this only speaks to what was produced a while back BUT at the Portland SC this week there were~25 trucks of which the vast majority had 20"/ATs.
Seeing the 21s on a Limestone truck (my current config) led us to consider switching to the 20s.
It looked to me like someone in a Tux and flip flops.
Tux with flip flops is the perfect picture (IMO).....it's just not right.....

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had my doubts per my previous comments in this thread, but I switched to 21s in the configurator less than 2 weeks ago and just now got a guide assigned to me. So add me to the pile of those that have had this happen.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
June 11th - delivery window of December - January
June 14th - changed from 20s to 21s
June 16th - guide assigned
June 17th - config locked and (a few hours later) vin assigned
June 23rd - delivered

I contemplating and changing my wheels after the guide was assigned but decided against it. I wonder if that would still get you delivered sooner. But honestly, I'm happy with the 21s. Would I like the 20s more? I dunno but moot point now.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looks like there are more 20" AT options popping up in the Shop for those who have received access and posted. Not saying anything will dramatically change in terms of deliveries, but good to know for those like myself who are only a few months (or less) away from a delivery window. If you really prefer the 20" option you can ride it out, if not switch to likely get a faster delivery. As I type this I'm waiting for an email from Rivian letting me know my window has moved to 2023.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I had my doubts per my previous comments in this thread, but I switched to 21s in the configurator less than 2 weeks ago and just now got a guide assigned to me. So add me to the pile of those that have had this happen.
Funny only because I changed from 20s to 21s about two weeks ago, too, then just yesterday or the day before changed back to 20s because nothing happened for me guide-wise. Maybe I should have stuck with 21s! Oh well, every time I look at pictures of these trucks, I really prefer how the 20s look, so I guess I should just stick with what I like and be a little more patient. But this wait is killing me. I'd really like to have this truck for our trip from Boston to Burlington in August

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I can update once I know more, but I just had a guide assigned and configuration confirmed for my sep-oct delivery window with 20”.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Rivian is waiting on the next cargo ship to arrive in Long Beach.
Do any of the other wheels come from China, or just the 20"?

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I can update once I know more, but I just had a guide assigned and configuration confirmed for my sep-oct delivery window with 20”.
Got details from our guide- our truck has been made and is in Normal, should be delivered to Denver soon.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Tell your guide I had the same config but changed t 21's but more than happy to change back just hit me up I'm available lol ;)
Sponsored