Sponsored

Any Update on the Dearth of 20" AT Deliveries?

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Oh, for sure, I'm aware of those rebates which is half the reason I'm so anxious to get my truck! hah But yeah, I also did the first drive (mine was on June 14th), so pretty much all things are equal with us, with the exception being that I am constantly switching my config. I had FE interior set every once in a while, but there's the mental battle about how good/bad it will look with RB.

Oh well. Maybe with any luck I'll hear about access to the R1 store in the next week or two. I'm seeing others with late 2020 orders getting to it already, and I'm not far from that
Nice! Was your test vehicle white? Given how similar everything else is between us I wouldn't be surprised if we've driven the exact same Rivian before, lol
Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Nice! Was your test vehicle white? Given how similar everything else is between us I wouldn't be surprised if we've driven the exact same Rivian before, lol
It was! with 20" ATs equipped. So yes, we drove the same truck, because the guy told me there was only one other guy doing the First Mile drives around here, and I believe that one was El Cap

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It was! with 20" ATs equipped. So yes, we drove the same truck, because the guy told me there was only one other guy doing the First Mile drives around here, and I believe that one was El Cap
It's surreal to randomly come across another person that has driven the same exact car as you 🤯

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I would have had mine in March if I had taken 20” but I wanted 22” so I had to wait an additional ~60days. I was a LE holder but I’m sure they would rather make a few more bucks selling you the 20/22 upgrade. Maybe it’s a shortage but my guess is they’re just going FIFO and whatever shipping container comes in that’s what they’re slapping on.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've got a VIN and the 8-steps, so I just finished a call with my guide to ask my remaining questions, and when I asked about the ATs she laughed and said it was definitely a good move to switch to 21s if I wanted to get delivery. She says they've really ramped production specifically on the 21s recently.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
That awkward moment when your thread helped so many pre-order holders get their R1Ts, but CS tells you you're looking at an H2 2023 window 🙃. Only a little salty, but I'm happy this was overall beneficial to many. If anyone ever happens to meander their R1T over to Seattle, feel free to take pity on me with a test drive.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That awkward moment when your thread helped so many pre-order holders get their R1Ts, but CS tells you, you're looking at an H2 2023 window 🙃. Only a little salty, but I'm happy this was overall beneficial to many. If anyone ever happens to meander their R1T over to Seattle, feel free to take pity on me with a test drive.
When did you pre order?

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
When did you pre order?
1/13/22. It's in the signature :). I know others have waited much longer, of course, but several in Seattle with 12/21 preorders have been picking their trucks up. Between wilderness search + rescue and our backpacking trips, our want is slowly turning into a need and I might have to let my reservation go in a couple months.

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
1/13/22. It's in the signature :). I know others have waited much longer, of course, but several in Seattle with 12/21 preorders have been picking their trucks up. Between wilderness search + rescue and our backpacking trips, our want is slowly turning into a need and I might have to let my reservation go in a couple months.
2H23 seems pretty late for a prioritized build going to probably Rivian's most delivered to/prioritized area, even for 1/22 order. I wonder if that means that they're planning to ramp down R1Ts to do R1S instead. Given that they're part constrained I guess that that's not too hard to believe though.

That said, if you keep up with what Rivian is batching at the time and adjust your order accordingly, you'll probably get it early.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
ah sorry was on my phone and didn't scroll your signature. they told me late 2023 maybe even 2024 in my last chat with CS asking if I will every get a real window notification. as someone who lives in LA, another high priority delivery area (i think?) why aren't we part of the rivian lottery lol.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My pre-order had the 20" AT wheels. I was contacted by a guide on 6/13. When I locked my configuration on 6/15, I asked what choices I could make to speed delivery. He told me that the 21" wheel would definitely get it here faster. As much as wanted the 20s, I really wanted to get the truck, whatever it took, so I made the change. I received my truck on Thursday 6/30. Original delivery window was December 21 - January 23.

Other things that sped delivery:

El Cap Granite (which was already my choice)
Black Mountain interior (Which I think was already my choice)
Power tonneau cover (Which I know is going to be the first thing to break)
No Camp Kitchen (still vaporware AFAIK)
No tent (Vaporware)

Originally my choices had been to keep costs down but once RJ announced in February that the focus for 2022 would be on Adventure Packages, large battery pack, etc., my choices became more about getting the truck sooner.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As a frame of reference, I preordered October 2021.
R1T Quad Motor, powered tonneau cover, 20" Brights, Large Pack, Wall Charger, Camp Kitchen
I received a guide June 8th, and took delivery today. My guide told me it has A LOT to do with location and configuration, I'm located in Southern California 20min away from a service center. Anyone with a "Max Pack" is in for a long wait as they are not even in production yet (according to the guide). FYI loving the 20" brights.
But you didn't actually get the Camp Kitchen, right?

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It's only been a few days with the R1T but my first impression is that I'm happy that I decided to go with the 21s, even beyond just that they got me my truck sooner. I'm seeing like 350mi+ of possible range which far exceeds my expectations. Plus the ride is outrageously smooth, snappy, and quiet!
Sponsored