Sponsored

Any Update on the Dearth of 20" AT Deliveries?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Rivian still owes me a 20inch spare and I have an open support ticket with the service center for it.

Anyone had luck getting their spare after taking delivery without?
Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Rivian still owes me a 20inch spare and I have an open support ticket with the service center for it.

No spare and my guide told me it could be months.

Bummer, but grateful to have a vehicle.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

My spare had been at my SC for a month but they will only do the install themselves, so yesterday (waited a month for appointment), they installed the spare and associated tools, etc. Make 100% sure you get all the tools/accessories.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My spare had been at my SC for a month but they will only do the install themselves, so yesterday (waited a month for appointment), they installed the spare and associated tools, etc. Make 100% sure you get all the tools/accessories.
noted - thanks for that.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No spare and my guide told me it could be months.

Bummer, but grateful to have a vehicle.
Oof. I checked in this week and they made a service ticket. They said the wrist bands could be months, but didn't quote any timeline on the wheel.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

My delivery is planned for today. I have the 21" wheels, but my guide called me yesterday and said that he is not allowed to send out spares right now since they have so few. He said I'd get an "invite" to buy one later on. No timeframe though

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My delivery is planned for today. I have the 21" wheels, but my guide called me yesterday and said that he is not allowed to send out spares right now since they have so few. He said I'd get an "invite" to buy one later on. No timeframe though
Hopefully those of us who have already paid for them will still receive them even if takes a few months. I've always had a full size spare on all my Trucks/SUVs.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I changed to 21" last week by convincing myself I won't need 20" in the summer for any activities I'd like to do in the PNW. As much as I want the 20" (also I don't know whose child drew up those 21" flower wheels 🤮), I'm willing to sacrifice for better mileage. Someone in Seattle with a 12/21 pre-order just picked up their Rivian, so I'm hoping for a guide contact in the coming weeks.

I know they said in the past that paint color as no effect on delivery time, I can't help but believe Limestone instead of FG or El Cap is also holding me back.

On another note, I've seen 7 different R1Ts around Seattle in the past 4 days!

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Service has a ticket for my 20” bright spare and they estimated it would arrive on July 22.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just locked in my config with 21s. I'm a little sad not to be getting 20 brights, but hard to be too sad about better range and an earlier/definitive delivery. The fact that people are having trouble even getting spares right now implies that it's probably for the best.

Presumably down the line, once their supplies are more available, it will be possible to purchase a set of 20s separately if I still want them.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just locked in my config with 21s. I'm a little sad not to be getting 20 brights, but hard to be too sad about better range and an earlier/definitive delivery. The fact that people are having trouble even getting spares right now implies that it's probably for the best.

Presumably down the line, once their supplies are more available, it will be possible to purchase a set of 20s separately if I still want them.
Just curious, when did you reserve yours?

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just curious, when did you reserve yours?
April '21 -- Rivian blue, adventure, black mountain, 21s, powered tonneau, spare tire, some adventure gear -- Delivery in Boston -- Most recent window provided was Oct-Nov before getting the lock-in request today

I did a First Mile at the start of June and changed from 20 brights to 21 roads on 6/17.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
April '21 -- Rivian blue, adventure, black mountain, 21s, powered tonneau, spare tire, some adventure gear -- Delivery in Boston -- Most recent window provided was Oct-Nov before getting the lock-in request today

I did a First Mile at the start of June and changed from 20 brights to 21 roads on 6/17.
Damn, ok. So I'm like slightly ahead of you in all things except I have 20s right now (although had 21s for the past week or two). I wonder what's up there.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Damn, ok. So I'm like slightly ahead of you in all things except I have 20s right now (although had 21s for the past week or two). I wonder what's up there.
Yeah, looking at what you've got going on you should definitely have gotten contacted first. Unless there's some hidden factor/signal that Rivian is using (e.g. prioritizing people that have done First Miles or something because they're more likely to commit), I think that the fact that I got contacted before you is a pretty strong signal that 21s are prioritized over 20s, since everything else is the same.

The other possible factor is distance to the service center, since not only do I live within a few miles of the service center, but I live within walking distance of the place where Rivian Boston has been doing their deliveries (though I'll probably ask for a service center pickup since it's so close). But Action is close enough to Chelsea that it shouldn't be a huge factor.

Fwiw, one reason (relevant to you) to push for an earlier delivery (by switching to 21s apparently) is that there are only 200 remaining MA rebates available for the R1T at the highest amount (7500; it drops to a lower amount once those 200 are gone), so a sooner delivery could mean extra $$$.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Yeah, looking at what you've got going on you should definitely have gotten contacted first. Unless there's some hidden factor/signal that Rivian is using (e.g. prioritizing people that have done First Miles or something because they're more likely to commit), I think that the fact that I got contacted before you is a pretty strong signal that 21s are prioritized over 20s, since everything else is the same.

The other possible factor is distance to the service center, since not only do I live within a few miles of the service center, but I live within walking distance of the place where Rivian Boston has been doing their deliveries (though I'll probably ask for a service center pickup since it's so close). But Action is close enough to Chelsea that it shouldn't be a huge factor.

Fwiw, one reason (relevant to you) to push for an earlier delivery (by switching to 21s apparently) is that there are only 200 remaining MA rebates available for the R1T at the highest amount (7500; it drops to a lower amount once those 200 are gone), so a sooner delivery could mean extra $$$.
Oh, for sure, I'm aware of those rebates which is half the reason I'm so anxious to get my truck! hah But yeah, I also did the first drive (mine was on June 14th), so pretty much all things are equal with us, with the exception being that I am constantly switching my config. I had FE interior set every once in a while, but there's the mental battle about how good/bad it will look with RB.

Oh well. Maybe with any luck I'll hear about access to the R1 store in the next week or two. I'm seeing others with late 2020 orders getting to it already, and I'm not far from that
Sponsored