Sponsored

Any Update on the Dearth of 20" AT Deliveries?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I'm on the other side of the coin, I think. I changed from 20" to 21" over a week ago and still no guide contact or anything
Sponsored

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

They’re obviously saving them for the R1S LE orders… assuming the allocation of 20s for R1T has been used in the near term or maybe the shop is just a convenient way to get rid of the 21s without argument… EPA rating and sales numbers, etc

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They’re obviously saving them for the R1S LE orders… assuming the allocation of 20s for R1T has been used in the near term or maybe the shop is just a convenient way to get rid of the 21s without argument… EPA rating and sales numbers, etc
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a supply chain issue. The supply/demand for 20's and 21's are probably skewed.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Count me in as another who switched wheels from 20s to 21s (last Thursday) and received a quick guide assignment (yesterday). They clearly have some 20s, as there still are deliveries happening with them, but it seems like there is enough evidence to suggest that 21s will get your name called sooner at this point.

July '21 preorder, Dallas area.

Edit: This is happening fast - got my guide at 7pm last night, already have a VIN (74**) and the 8-step.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I respectfully ask that anyone with a preorder date before mine please stop switching to the 21" wheels so that I don't get pushed farther back in line.

I appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I respectfully ask that anyone with a preorder date before mine please stop switching to the 21" wheels so that I don't get pushed farther back in line.

I appreciate your consideration in this matter.
Almost like waiting for planetary alignment.

We need forest edge batched when they have our tires in stock.

Feels like that will never happen.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Almost like waiting for planetary alignment.

We need forest edge batched when they have our tires in stock.

Feels like that will never happen.
If you watch the reported guide contacts by config it definitely looks like they are batching all BM right now. Hopefully they will get to the next batch of FE soon but looking at delivery timelines it may be a few weeks.

It does sound like the VIN and assignment happens (or is supposed to happen) during production, so you can sort of read between the lines on what's being cranked out at the moment. I'll start getting excited when some folks with FE configured get a guide contact or update.

I'm confident that if I changed to BM interior I'd get a contact right away, but to me, FE is worth sticking it out. I really don't like black on black interior.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

There is a delay in getting the 20's from China and people are being quoted end of the year or 2023 for a 20' spare at this moment. It's an absolute and significant shortage....there is only one company building them (you can see this in my wheel thread) in China.....
Nothing but the best quality....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I read this thread yesterday - changed my wheel configuration from 20" to 21" late last night- today at 12:30 I received and email titled "A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian"....Two hours later I had a text message from my guide (assigned today) - he said I will likely have my truck sooner rather than later - possibly within a couple of weeks - Wheels made a big difference
Early Xmas

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Count me in as another who switched wheels from 20s to 21s (last Thursday) and received a quick guide assignment (yesterday). They clearly have some 20s, as there still are deliveries happening with them, but it seems like there is enough evidence to suggest that 21s will get your name called sooner at this point.

July '21 preorder, Dallas area.

Edit: This is happening fast - got my guide at 7pm last night, already have a VIN (74**) and the 8-step.
Congratulations 🎊

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No I Switched to 21s from the 20s. That’s how I am getting this truck now instead of Nov-Dec
sorry hit post before a proofread.Any plans on going aftermarket if 20s become availablel?
Sponsored