Sponsored

Any Update on the Dearth of 20" AT Deliveries?

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I'm wondering if anyone with a guide or inside knowledge can shed some light on when (if ever) we can expect to see more 20" ATs being delivered. At least in the Seattle area, it feels like you get matched with a guide as soon as you switch to 21" road tires (I see about 3-8 Rivians a week, almost always with 21" road tires, but that's possibly just anecdotal bias. I've even talked with several people who placed orders this year with trucks delivered or en route). I'm wondering if it's just a prioritization thing right now or massive supply chain issues with the rims. Personally, the 21" road tires are useless (and too ugly, but I digress) for how I plan to use the truck, so I can't switch.
Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
More anecdotal evidence... I had 20s set. My friend that lives near me had 21s. He got a guide (though he also ordered 2 months ahead) and I didn't. I switched my order to 21s 3 days ago and just got a guide today.

Sponsored

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I think it is just waves of different batches. A couple months ago they were all 20s in the Seattle area (which included mine).
hmm, not saying this isn't possible, but with so many 21" ready to go (recall the 19 days from order -> delivery dude) while there are still '20 and '21 preorder holders with BM + powered tonneau still waiting, it would be pretty messed up if that's the case. Especially considering how much more popular 20" tires seems to be.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Manufacturing process(forged) for 20s is different than 21/22s....

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I wish it was as simple as switching to 21s and getting a guide. I did that a month back...no dice

Sponsored

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
If you want your R1T quickly, switch to 21", add the powered tonneau cover, and choose the black interior. I made those adjustments and *immediately* got a guide, VIN, and paperwork, and three days later, truck arrived at the nearest service center. *Seven months* before the delivery estimate they gave me the day before I made the changes.

Sure, the 20" AT's look better, but I'd rather have a R1T on 21's now than an R1T on 20's next year...

jupiter1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As a frame of reference, I preordered October 2021.
R1T Quad Motor, powered tonneau cover, 20" Brights, Large Pack, Wall Charger, Camp Kitchen
I received a guide June 8th, and took delivery today. My guide told me it has A LOT to do with location and configuration, I'm located in Southern California 20min away from a service center. Anyone with a "Max Pack" is in for a long wait as they are not even in production yet (according to the guide). FYI loving the 20" brights.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If you want your R1T quickly, switch to 21", add the powered tonneau cover, and choose the black interior. I made those adjustments and *immediately* got a guide, VIN, and paperwork, and three days later, truck arrived at the nearest service center. *Seven months* before the delivery estimate they gave me the day before I made the changes.

Sure, the 20" AT's look better, but I'd rather have a R1T on 21's now than an R1T on 20's next year...
As an experiment, I swapped to the 21” wheels (already had large/bm). It’s been 5 days and no change in my account status. Either there’s still a lottery component, or there are other factors at play. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a “don’t deliver a truck to this guy” flag in their system.

Soupdc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon
Clubs

Ok I changed to 21s today. Will report back if that updates timing.
Dallas TX - original july - September window pushed to Oct-Nov.
Sponsored