Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Sure the GTA is a large chunk of population... But Quebec has the largest share of BEV sales... https://electricautonomy.ca/2022/05/27/q1-2022-ihs-how-many-zev-registrations-canada/
The sales are higher in Quebec because of their ZEV incentives, but I don't think the Rivian will qualify.

Based on Rivian's early map for service center locations they were only planning three for Canada. One in Vancouver, Calgary, and somewhere around the Ontario/Quebec border. That would be good for Montreal and Ottawa, but a bit far from the GTA. Rivian knows where their reservation holders live, they would be smart to use that information to optimize their early service center locations.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Quick update. Did my 8 step on Sept 1st, and my R1S was in transit to Houston SC. Checked back yesterday on status, and it was going through PDI or QC checks and few minor paint issues discovered and they had to sent out to paint/body shop. Now being told it may take another week (maybe more) to get paint issues corrected and get my R1S back to schedule pick up at Houston SC. Feels like I can see the finish line….but no one actually said s00n.

No other detail on the extent of the paint issues, so not sure how minor or how bad. My VIN is 50X.

While I am super excited about my pending vehicle, it is still disappointing to hear about other pre-orders that pre-date mine that still don’t have a guide or even a delivery window. Hoping for the best for those pre-order holder deserving of their place in line.
@eSUV I stopped by the repair shop and believe I saw your R1S!
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? BD301D89-2929-4B6A-979E-1A6896653421

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
@eSUV I stopped by the repair shop and believe I saw your R1S!
BD301D89-2929-4B6A-979E-1A6896653421.jpeg
Longhorngirl, thanks so much, I am Getting Pumped!!!

Went by the HC last Friday and forgot the CS rep's name that I talked to, but he thought the paint correction issues on the hood would only take a week at the body shop (based on his experience). We are now at a week and hoping to get scheduled for pickup s00n.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hope you're taking the day off!!!!!

I work from home permanently so basically im always off LOL jking Ill just be looking at the window starting at 6am

Sponsored

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Screenshot_20220915-212656.png

Only took forever!!! (3 weeks) 🤣 + like a few years
Congrats K! If anyone has contributed to this forum, it's you....can't wait for the review and additional insights characteristic of Agent-K. 🤘🏻 You also give me hope I might see Rivian contact by the end of year. 🥹

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Longhorngirl, thanks so much, I am Getting Pumped!!!

Went by the HC last Friday and forgot the CS rep's name that I talked to, but he thought the paint correction issues on the hood would only take a week at the body shop (based on his experience). We are now at a week and hoping to get scheduled for pickup s00n.
Cool. I guess there is a high chance There may be a R1S in our meet up next week :)

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
Cool. I guess there is a high chance There may be a R1S in our meet up next week :)
Longhorngirl was correct that was my R1S at the SC because just got a text from them about picking up tomorrow and email.

Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? 62C739D5-26E7-4494-B827-934E5073E30B

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Checking in and reporting that my 8 steps opened today! Spoke to my guide and she said that the vehicle is already "out of production" so it is getting prepped for shipment from Normal any day now!!

Already sorted out insurance so far (going with Rivian, even though it's more expensive, for at least a year).

Still deciding on whether to trade in my Lexus to Rivian or not. The trade in value is about 11% lower than the best I could find elsewhere, and that rate is conveniently close to the sales tax rate. So I don't think I'd be coming out way on top with either approach.

Going with Parsons FCU for financing, since they have the lowest rate. @kanundrum it sounds like their process is fairly straightforward - hmu if you decide to refi with them.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer