Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

waitingforrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Last day in 2019! - December 31, 2019. And I was pleasantly surprised (yet not holding my breath) when, in June, I was told Aug-Sep delivery window. Totally, it’s like winning a lottery, and unsure why (configuration? underbody shield speculation? close to a service center?).
I assume Rivian randomness.

I preordered 6.5 months before you, also live close to South SF delivery center and have underbody shield. I also saw a non-employee delivery (or car almost ready) with my exact configuration (GW R1S 20” w/ underbody).

I just don’t know how to answer my wife’s question every several weeks, “when is our Rivian coming?”
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

I preordered 6.5 months before you, also live close to South SF delivery center and have underbody shield. I also saw a non-employee delivery (or car almost ready) with my exact configuration (GW R1S 20” w/ underbody).

I just don’t know how to answer my wife’s question every several weeks, “when is our Rivian coming?”
I get that same questions from the wife and friends. Gets a bit tiresome...

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
I'm Aug/Sep delivery. Started 8 step process last week. Spoke with guide and it looks like they are roughly a month behind on scheduled delivery at this point but that varies by location etc. Sounds like they have a ton of R1S at the factory awaiting shipment however so production is definitely ramping in the right direction. Also of interest for those of you who strive to get all steps in the process done on day one, it really has very little impact on your delivery date. So long as you get started and get it done before it arrives at your service center or at least before it's passed inspection. It's built in Normal with a Vin and then the long pole is the shipping from the factory which you have no control over.
So when did you put your deposit down? And do you have underbody shield or no?

Sher

First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian LE R1S

I noticed that (your preorder date is earlier than mine). It’s startling - I wish I understood why they are so random with their fulfillment process.

My husband was exactly like your wife, asking every day “anything?” I think I refreshed my account page for any hint or movement a zillion times a day. Even after I was assigned a guide last week, I didn’t think anything would happen merely because my guide NEVER responded to my two messages. Rivian randomness and communication gaps, for sure.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have not been contacted. As recently as last Friday Rivian CS confirmed my window to be AUG-SEP but still no guide or anything.
Escalation time

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My Vehicle has been at the SC for several days from what they told me still awaiting PDI. Guide is batting 0 in terms of getting me information, so I contacted the SC.

Completed 7/8 steps on August 29th.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
My Vehicle has been at the SC for several days from what they told me still awaiting PDI. Guide is batting 0 in terms of getting me information, so I contacted the SC.

Completed 7/8 steps on August 29th.
That's a great update (almost)! I called the service center on Saturday just to see if it had arrived already, based on being such a low VIN, with others already having delivery. They deferred me to my Guide, who is on leave until the 14th, so his backup just called, but I missed it.

Hopefully the Guides have some sort of tracking, or know when it arrives at the SC. Otherwise, I just wait for days/weeks until I get the email for step 8. Would be nice to know for planning purposes.

bkswede

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 M50i 2017 Camaro ZL1 1963 Chevy II
Occupation
CPA
As a reminder, I received email to lock configuration on Tuesday 8/30, which I did immediately. On same day, received email to complete 8 step process, and I completed steps 1-6 (7 being payment and 8 schedule delivery). My guide texted me on Friday saying it showed as ready to ship. I texted her for an update today and she said it was in inspection process at Service Center in St. Louis Park (suburb of Minneapolis)… getting closer!

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I’m close to Venice service center. I wonder if you go to the actual service center and ask them nicely to process my delivery so I can take delivery to create more space for them. I’m going to pass on delivery to me. Just another thing that can go sideways or take longer. Rivian is short staffed at delivery centers in my opinion

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

I completed 7/8 steps on Friday and my R1S was supposed to get on the train on Friday. I talked to my guide today and he said my R1S should be delivered to the Richmond Sevice Center today or tomorrow. :surprised: Then my delivery depends on how long the inspection takes and any repairs.

Today I dropped by the SC and they had 2 R1Ss right up front going through the inspection process. They told me those two just arrived but they had a number (didn’t ask for a specific number) of R1Ss on the lot awaiting delivery.

I plan on dropping by again in the morning to see if, perhaps, mine showed up today.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I completed 7/8 steps on Friday and my R1S was supposed to get on the train on Friday. I talked to my guide today and he said my R1S should be delivered to the Richmond Sevice Center today or tomorrow. :surprised: Then my delivery depends on how long the inspection takes and any repairs.

Today I dropped by the SC and they had 2 R1Ss right up front going through the inspection process. They told me those two just arrived but they had a number (didn’t ask for a specific number) of R1Ss on the lot awaiting delivery.

I plan on dropping by again in the morning to see if, perhaps, mine showed up today.

Mine is apparently at the Richmond SC!!! Did you take any pics?

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Color me confused. Two weeks ago, I received two separate emails. One from Rivian and o e from my Guide about preparing for my purchase.

I check my account and it says my Configuration is confirmed. I never did that, I thought maybe it was because of the whole tax credit issue.

I talked with my Guide and he says I still don’t have a delivery window. He did say all of the R1S were being delivered had the underbody shield and that I was the only Compass Yellow between him and his colleagues, so who knows what that means.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
My scheduled delivery date was Aug/Sep 2022. Chatted with Rivian support two days ago asking why I haven't received anything. Today, I received the configuration confirmation email, and received another email to start the 8-step process shortly after. Started my 8-step process and completed 1-6 steps; all without a Rivian guide. Then I texted my Rivian guide asking if I must complete step 7 (pay) before step 8 (scheduling delivery). He said 'no' but I needed to pay within 7 days once the R1S is ready. The car should be ready within several weeks he said.
Sponsored