Has there been any yet?!?!!??
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Ocean Coast is supposed to start in 2023 for the R1S.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
Ocean Coast is supposed to start in 2023 for the R1S.
What Rivian says about deliveries and what actually happens ain't exactly been similar. It's a fair question.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
I'm not seeing a lot of R1T deliveries with OC either, a few here and there but majority is BM. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence that Rivian has OC interior all worked out (from a supply chain, manufacturing pov). I was all BM until the new OC came out. Much like the 'twilight' saga, I am now caught in that love triangle of knowing that BM is the safe bet but OC is that mysterious one. Gee, Thanks Rivian!

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I can't wait to see pictures! All I can do is wait...

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Has there been any yet?!?!!??
I am in a similar boat and have heard nothing.

I had an R1s test drive in October right before they announced the delay on Ocean Coast, and they said usually when you have that you are within a few months of delivery. All speculation.

Currently slated to April to June, which I am actually believing for once.

If you are anxious I think you would get it more quickly (like year end or January) if you switch to BM.

Our family view is if we are spending this much we should get the interior we want. Not sure there is a right answer.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Factory is ramping back up tomorrow so hopefully s00n! I heard there was possibly a few around the factory prior to shutdown.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
GUYS HELP ME.

I just got a guide call - I can take my build EXCEPT IT WILL BE FOREST EDGE AND 2k more and get likely by month end, OR stay with my current build in which case the 'best intel' is my current window of April to June but I get my Ocean Coast. WHAT SAY YOU?

BobinIndy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '54 Jaguar XK120
Occupation
Program Manager - Consumer Electronics/Mfg.
Clubs

GUYS HELP ME.

I just got a guide call - I can take my build EXCEPT IT WILL BE FOREST EDGE AND 2k more and get likely by month end, OR stay with my current build in which case the 'best intel' is my current window of April to June but I get my Ocean Coast. WHAT SAY YOU?
I’ve saw the FE interior with FG in person and I thought it was stunning… but make sure you get what YOU want!

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

GUYS HELP ME.

Since you have a LG, FE interior probably will look great. Personally, my order is GW so I will wait for OC. Its the combo of exterior and interior colors from my perspective.

So the only question is is $2k worth speeding the process up 2~4 months.

The other consideration is that with all the uncertainties with the IRS implementation of $7.5k tax credit, if you do opt to take the FE w/$2K, I think you're pretty much guaranteeing that you'll fall within the past year's rules - meaning that you'll get $5.5K net benefit; whereas, if you wait for OC and ruling goes the other way, then you may be SOL depending on the purchase price being less than $80K MSRP, fit within the income limits, AND battery origin is not an issue this year...

If you can get close to an FE R1T, you can get a personal sense of what that interior is like.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Since you have a LG, FE interior probably will look great. Personally, my order is GW so I will wait for OC. Its the combo of exterior and interior colors from my perspective.

So the only question is is $2k worth speeding the process up 2~4 months.

The other consideration is that with all the uncertainties with the IRS implementation of $7.5k tax credit, if you do opt to take the FE w/$2K, I think you're pretty much guaranteeing that you'll fall within the past year's rules - meaning that you'll get $5.5K net benefit; whereas, if you wait for OC and ruling goes the other way, then you may be SOL depending on the purchase price being less than $80K MSRP, fit within the income limits, AND battery origin is not an issue this year...

If you can get close to an FE R1T, you can get a personal sense of what that interior is like.
Thanks. I am under last year's rule - I paid the extra 100 to make a earnest payment on a binding contract in 2022. I believe the net you refer to is 7.5k tax benefit nets to 5k somehow.

In theory I would not be eligible for 2023 credit under the different requirements they tagged onto it.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I’ve saw the FE interior with FG in person and I thought it was stunning… but make sure you get what YOU want!
I think all other things being equal I would do it, but my wife seems pretty strongly for waiting for OC. If I were to bet I would follow the old, happy wife, happy life mantra.

OP
OP

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

GUYS HELP ME.

....man....This is a tough call. Personally I would do it. I love the FE interior and with LG it will look great! I also love the OC. The $2k is really just for expediting the delivery which personally I would take!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
The $2k is really just for expediting the delivery
No the $2k is because the FE interior has always had a $2k upcharge. The OC interior for price-protected orders has no upcharge.

Some people are flexible with what they will take. I am not - I decided years ago what color and what interior I wanted, and for once in my life I wanted to have my first choice with car interior/exterior color instead of settling for what was "on the lot".

I had to wait an extra ~4 months for my OC R1T, and I am now perfectly happy because I got what I wanted. Naturally my advice is that you already made your choice, so wait for that choice. It's only a few months more.
Sponsored