Sponsored

Any predictions for earnings call on 5/11/22?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

anyone have any bold predictions for tomorrow's earnings call?
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
They will lead with a warning to the participants that the discussion of financial results may include forward-looking statements and the estimates of results based on the forward-looking statements may substantially differ from the actual resultsā€¦šŸ˜€

Not bold enough? Sorry, Iā€™ve listened to thousands of these thingsā€¦

So my other bold prediction: the call will be boring, bland and mostly free of juicy details on when the undelivered will get their trucksā€¦

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

fully expecting a beat on projected deliveries, tempered with TBD supply chain issues
market's too bearish and too many people are going to get wrecked shorting at the current levels

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
As a stock holder, I'd like to see (I have no confidence in my ability to predict) production and delivery numbers for the Amazon vans. I don't recall Rivian providing these numbers during the last earnings call, right?

As for the R1, I've seen a VIN number as high as 5k reported on this forum, so I expect them to announce they've delivered a total of 5-6k R1 vehicles to-date.

A final prediction, the stock will either rise OR perhaps fall in tomorrow's after-hour trading. ;-)

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I predict they will announce that they are producing slightly ahead of their 25,000 vehicle projection for the year.
I predict the opposite. There are no indications they are having the exponential growth in production speed needed to achieve that number this year.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Wow so much optimism!

I predict that the news will be negative with a further reduction in R1s for 2022 and a less than rosy outlook for 2023. Supply chain issues are not getting better with indications it will get worse, especially battery supply.

Rivian is in crap situation, they have production capability, people, a great product in high demand but no freaking parts to build R1s. They are not alone either.

I just donā€™t see any upside in 2022 and well into 2023.

No Parts = No R1s

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That they are anticipating outrunning their chip supply early and put the blame squarely on the chip suppliers.

My ongoing theory (which I think is obvious) is they've been rearranging all of their production to try and front load production so they can either get more chips from the suppliers or put production constraint blame on the chip suppliers.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
I predict they will announce that they are producing slightly ahead of their 25,000 vehicle projection for the year.
I'm prognosticating the same. Some of the key service center locations have a huge number of R1Ts flowing through them.

So while I'm expecting them to announce they are a bit ahead of their timing for their overall production target, I think we'll also hear that the R1S production and deliveries are behind schedule. Which could also be attributed to R1T production going swimmingly and they don't want to rock the boat.

Chip/component shortages will definitely be an increasing factor of concern. Their production will certainly overrun their parts availability this year. I'm not so sure we'll hear much about that in this earnings call.

Sponsored

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
ā€œWe have successfully ramped up the production of our R1T product line, and expect to begin deliveries of our R1S within the quarter.ā€ Theyā€™ll be something about the van too, I just donā€™t care about it. šŸ˜‚

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
A final prediction, the stock will either rise OR perhaps fall in tomorrow's after-hour trading. ;-)
I said that tongue-in-cheek, but Barronsā€™s analysis says the same thing šŸ™„:

Options markets show that investors should expect significant volatility after earnings. Rivian stock is expected to move roughly 20%, up or down, following the report. Shares dropped about 8% and 10% after the companyā€™s past two quarterly reports

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
As for the R1, I've seen a VIN number as high as 5k reported on this forum, so I expect them to announce they've delivered a total of 5-6k R1 vehicles to-date.
My VIN is 5453 and itā€™s awaiting final inspection at the plant.
Sponsored