Sponsored

Any owners in Madison WI?

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

If you've already taken delivery of your R1T/R1S and you live in Madison, WI keep reading.
I've been looking for a good phone mount this week and I don't like having anything on the windshield. In the past I have always used ProClip mounts because they're purpose-made for the specific car. I reached out to ProClip this morning and they said if they had a car near their design folks they would make one for the R1T. They would just need to spend "some time" with one of the cars. So if you have your R1T already, and you live in Madison, AND you're up for this, please PM me and I'll send you the contact info for the product manager.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2003 Nissan 350Z
Clubs

Thought I'd post an intro to other Madison-area folks here, rather than start a new thread - maybe we could use this for Madison-area intros?

Picked up my gorgeous new Limestone/Ocean Coast R1T from the Chicago service center on Friday afternoon (3/31/22)! Kudos to my husband who took on the task of learning how to drive EV regen braking during Friday Chicago rush hour, in complete downpour. Oy do we hate Chicago. I took over driving at Janesville and drove Hwy14 home to Fair Verona, with all that crazy lightning and more downpour!

We spent the weekend driving around - this is our first EV and our first truck, so a lot to get used to! I'm mostly adjusting to driving such a large vehicle (coming from a Hyundai Veloster Turbo that we traded in). Drove out to Spring Green, had a blast on the curvy back roads. If you see us out and about in Viv the Riv, honk hello!

Follow @viv.the.riv on Instagram! (I plan to be silly there, so only follow if you are willing to tolerate an IG in the voice of a truck named Vivian)
Rivian R1T R1S Any owners in Madison WI? PXL_20230401_232242819

My pick-up/delivery process was minorly obnoxious, but not horrendous - I got my configuration email on 3/14 (8/6/22 rezzie), did all my purchase steps and got my VIN on 3/17. My truck was in Normal, and I told my guide we'd pick it up there, but he insisted bc it was "factory gated" that it needed to go to the Chicago service center, and he had no time estimate on when that would happen and if we'd be able to pick up there or if they'd deliver to us. On the morning of 3/31, the Chicago service center texted directly and told me it was ready to be picked up, so we dropped everything and raced down there. Glad they got to add my gal to their Q1 delivery numbers, just under the wire lol.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Hey all. Live in Waunakee, had my R1T since last June and have over 11K on it. Been mulling over trying to put a meet up together but just lack the time.

For the ProClip testfit, how long would they need? An hour or two or all day?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2003 Nissan 350Z
Clubs

Hey all. Live in Waunakee, had my R1T since last June and have over 11K on it. Been mulling over trying to put a meet up together but just lack the time.

For the ProClip testfit, how long would they need? An hour or two or all day?
Let's plan a meeting this summer sometime!

That original post about the ProClip was from April 2022, so I assumed was not needed anymore, but trez63, let us know if you still need help on that!
Sponsored