Sponsored

Any other Canadians on this group yet?

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
Can. Deposit august 2019. Haven’t heard anything beyond the basic email, “you will be contacted by your guide and will have 5 days to arrange financing.”
The first “average” Canadian who gets their Riv will be “famous.” If it’s you, please share your Jedi ways.
cheers
This is progress! Sounds like you will be among the first. Did you have an R1T or R1S on order?

Please let us know when you have an update.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Can. Deposit august 2019. Haven’t heard anything beyond the basic email, “you will be contacted by your guide and will have 5 days to arrange financing.”
The first “average” Canadian who gets their Riv will be “famous.” If it’s you, please share your Jedi ways.
cheers
So that’s you and @Skigh so far.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Feb 19 here and nothing, seems to confirm BC will be first. I hope you guys get them s00n!

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
So far nothing. On Vancouver Island with a Dec 2018 LE R1S pre-order. 😭

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So that’s you and @Skigh so far.
Just spoke with CS…. They said it was an error and it was because I had given a deposit in American when I first preordered July 2019. All she could say is the updated delivery windows were being sent out this summer and to watch out for it. Had a moment of hope but it faded quickly. Sorry all.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Just spoke with CS…. They said it was an error and it was because I had given a deposit in American when I first preordered July 2019. All she could say is the updated delivery windows were being sent out this summer and to watch out for it. Had a moment of hope but it faded quickly. Sorry all.
I was going to ask if you had one of the USD pre-orders but didn't want to be a downer. I'm still waiting on my updated delivery windows. I love how it was "2 weeks" then "July 1" and now "this summer".

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Boooooo

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Oh Damn!
For a moment there Rivian actually got my expectations up!

Sadlymistaken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Oh Damn!
For a moment there Rivian actually got my expectations up!
Received this in response to my timelines inquiry:

Jake here from Rivian community support, based out of our newly established Canadian Customer Engagement Center in Vancouver, BC. With a large influx of customer support inquiries, I sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your email. An incredible increased activity level specific to the upcoming Canadian launch is taking place. We’ve been working around the clock to address our current and prospective preorder community members’ questions, concerns, and feedback.

First off allow me to thank you for not just your early Launch Edition, but second R1T preorder!

Launch for Canada, Rivian’s first international market has yet to commence; we are however on the verge! Making excellent progress, official refreshed timeline communication to our preorder community is coming here very shortly, within just the next upcoming weeks! This will include an email specific to your delivery window update, which is the result of multiple factors:

Regulatory requirements for Rivian’s Canadian launch, which vary for each region/province

Establishing our service infrastructure, including brand new centers and mobile service fleets required to be fully in place and operational prior to any deliveries in each region/province

Overall production constraints with supply chain challenges, which can be unique to specific configurations. To date, Rivian has executed incredibly here, ramping production volume on target within a challenging manufacturing world.

In addition, we are launching an exciting new feature that will illustrate your delivery window dynamically, providing on-demand insight right on Your Account page. Here you’ll be able to best plan for delivery and the amazing adventures that can then immediately follow!

Lastly, a note regarding pricing, which will remain the extreme benefit of your very early preorder, will require a conversion to Canadian currency (the Feb 2019 Launch Edition preorder). This exercise is necessary for provincial and federal regulations for Rivian sales in Canada and is a simple straight currency conversion. We’ll be reaching out within the coming weeks on completion of this as well, as the last exercise to align your final purchase price in CAD.

We fully realize the tremendous amount of patience ask made while working through the challenges and complexities of launching a truly unique electric adventure vehicle here in Canada. We can’t thank you enough for this and can assure you it will be more than worth the wait!!

Stay adventurous,
Jake
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X

Jake here from Rivian community support, based out of our newly established Canadian Customer Engagement Center in Vancouver, BC. With a large influx of customer support inquiries, I sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your email. An incredible increased activity level specific to the upcoming Canadian launch is taking place. We’ve been working around the clock to address our current and prospective preorder community members’ questions, concerns, and feedback.

First off allow me to thank you for not just your early Launch Edition, but second R1T preorder!

Launch for Canada, Rivian’s first international market has yet to commence; we are however on the verge! Making excellent progress, official refreshed timeline communication to our preorder community is coming here very shortly, within just the next upcoming weeks! This will include an email specific to your delivery window update, which is the result of multiple factors:

Regulatory requirements for Rivian’s Canadian launch, which vary for each region/province

Establishing our service infrastructure, including brand new centers and mobile service fleets required to be fully in place and operational prior to any deliveries in each region/province

Overall production constraints with supply chain challenges, which can be unique to specific configurations. To date, Rivian has executed incredibly here, ramping production volume on target within a challenging manufacturing world.

In addition, we are launching an exciting new feature that will illustrate your delivery window dynamically, providing on-demand insight right on Your Account page. Here you’ll be able to best plan for delivery and the amazing adventures that can then immediately follow!

Lastly, a note regarding pricing, which will remain the extreme benefit of your very early preorder, will require a conversion to Canadian currency (the Feb 2019 Launch Edition preorder). This exercise is necessary for provincial and federal regulations for Rivian sales in Canada and is a simple straight currency conversion. We’ll be reaching out within the coming weeks on completion of this as well, as the last exercise to align your final purchase price in CAD.

We fully realize the tremendous amount of patience ask made while working through the challenges and complexities of launching a truly unique electric adventure vehicle here in Canada. We can’t thank you enough for this and can assure you it will be more than worth the wait!!

Stay adventurous,
Jake

Thank you for sharing this response. This is the first Canadian specific information posted anywhere on the internet (trust me, I have checked). I believe it is from the “first Canadian Guide” that was posted about a couple months ago.

It also seems like the pricing we got is not necessarily the pricing that we will end up with — specifically if I am not mistaken they will get cheaper with the ‘simple conversion’ using pre March 1 pricing in USD and converting it to CAD???

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Thank you for sharing this response. This is the first Canadian specific information posted anywhere on the internet (trust me, I have checked). I believe it is from the “first Canadian Guide” that was posted about a couple months ago.

It also seems like the pricing we got is not necessarily the pricing that we will end up with — specifically if I am not mistaken they will get cheaper with the ‘simple conversion’ using pre March 1 pricing in USD and converting it to CAD???
+1 This is fantastic - thank you for sharing. I've never gotten this type of response. While there wasn't anything *new* in there....it was at least more specific than anything that's been posted. What prompted this? Was it an email you submitted to [email protected] originally?

Just a note on pricing part. It is possible that @Sadlymistaken 's pre-order was one of the "USD" ones that has not yet been converted. Early pre-orders were placed with USD deposits (before the site had any notion of CAN or USA regions). Many (but not all) of us had our pre-orders "converted" to Canadian orders. They basically just refunded us the deposit ($1000 USD), cancelled the pre-order and created a new one as a copy. The new one did not require a new deposit (so we pay $1500 more at delivery since we haven't got anything down as the original $1000 USD was already refunded).

However the Canadian (CAD) pre-orders have always had a set price, in CAD, that does not fluctuate with FX changes.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
+1 This is fantastic - thank you for sharing. I've never gotten this type of response. While there wasn't anything *new* in there....it was at least more specific than anything that's been posted. What prompted this? Was it an email you submitted to [email protected] originally?

Just a note on pricing part. It is possible that @Sadlymistaken 's pre-order was one of the "USD" ones that has not yet been converted. Early pre-orders were placed with USD deposits (before the site had any notion of CAN or USA regions). Many (but not all) of us had our pre-orders "converted" to Canadian orders. They basically just refunded us the deposit ($1000 USD), cancelled the pre-order and created a new one as a copy. The new one did not require a new deposit (so we pay $1500 more at delivery since we haven't got anything down as the original $1000 USD was already refunded).

However the Canadian (CAD) pre-orders have always had a set price, in CAD, that does not fluctuate with FX changes.
This makes sense. For a moment there i thought i’d be paying $95k for the R1S instead of $102k 😮💨

Just creeps into luxury tax territory.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

Stay adventurous,
Jake
Personally, I would take all of this 'enthusiasm' with a grain of salt.
Also, I'm not sure what they mean by regulatory requirements which vary by province, as far as I know, there are no specific requirements each province(s) require for vehicles.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Yeah, its good to see some engagement, but its all just open timelines with no commitment dates.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
Requiring service infrastructure, including centres and mobile fleets as a prerequisite for deliveries bodes very poorly for those of us in the Toronto area, as there have been no jobs advertised remotely pertaining to those domains thus far.

I put “Launch Editions” to be delivered in the middle of 2023
Sponsored