First Name
Jeven
Reaction score
First Name
Jeven
Vehicles
BMW x5
Hi.
I am on the Wet Coast. I recently put my deposit on a R1T. Based on the reading above and our lousy canadian dollar, I am hoping I can afford it when it is finally ready for purchase. Add to that the crazy insurance prices in BC and...yikes! Fingers crossed I can afford one because I am super jazzed to be inline for 1.
Hi I am in the same boat I will be placing a order for a R1S soon I can’t wait

erlanning

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Model X
So I finally bit the bullet and put down a deposit for an R1T. I am hoping that it becomes available in Canada this year... I live in Rural Ontario (near Algonquin Park) and am hoping to get a proper winter EV for the next winter. I am getting a bit frustrated with the soft close features of my Model X, the limited winter range and the other elements about Winter that it doesn't do so well with. Also would love to be able to take a road trip that allows me to get 5 hours worth of driving without have to worry about stopping, hopefully the R1T gets easily over 600k.
:)

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
I am getting a bit frustrated with the soft close features of my Model X,
I have an X but can't figure out what the "soft close features" are. ???

the limited winter range and the other elements about Winter that it doesn't do so well with.
The winter limitations are a result of physics and chemistry. There isn't a lot the vehicle designer can do about them. Thus the Rivians are going to be subject to these same limitations.

Also would love to be able to take a road trip that allows me to get 5 hours worth of driving without have to worry about stopping, hopefully the R1T gets easily over 600k.
We can get a rough idea on that. They advertise 400 mi+ (640 km) on the 180 kWh battery. Practically speaking one uses about 80% of the battery SoC range or less and that means practical range is 0.8*400 = 320 miles or 512 km. This assumes that you drive at the rated rate which evidently most drivers do not (see the Stats app histograms for the X).

jacobh

First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Website
www.besustainable.com
First Name
Jacob
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Model X
Occupation
Web Design + Development
Glad to see more Canadians on here! :)
I think Rivian may be the perfect EV for Canada... Will be interesting to see how many of them show up on the roads here. The Pacific Northwest and Alberta might be full of Rivians 1+ year after launch.

BurninAura

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Website
vctgroup.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
2017 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2008 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Solar Power Project Developer
Late to the party in the forums, but I placed my deposit on the day the R1S was unveiled. Not too concerned about the level 3 network. Lots of options coming into the market in the next few years. Petro Canada, Electrify America/Canada, Hydro One, OPG, and more. Granted, my current EV is not a road trip vehicle, but I have 100,000 kms on it, and I have never used a public charging station, as much as there are quite a few in my area.