Sponsored

Any other Canadians on this group yet?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Requiring service infrastructure, including centres and mobile fleets as a prerequisite for deliveries bodes very poorly for those of us in the Toronto area, as there have been no jobs advertised remotely pertaining to those domains thus far.

I put “Launch Editions” to be delivered in the middle of 2023
Seems like they are doing all of their hiring out of Vancouver. Also, it’s presumed that Rivian themselves. is hiring for mobile service when it could be contracted out.

here in Winnipeg there is no chance of a service centre.

Even Tesla does not have one. They have one or two mobile technicians who, until they’d opened a service centre in Calgary, technically worked for the one in Toronto. Now they have Calgary phone numbers, and all service is booked via that location.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Personally, I would take all of this 'enthusiasm' with a grain of salt.
Also, I'm not sure what they mean by regulatory requirements which vary by province, as far as I know, there are no specific requirements each province(s) require for vehicles.
There are differing rules around sales & service per province. Technically each province also sets their own safety standards too.

cdnlazer

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hi, I'm new to this site.

I'm a day one order (November 27, 2018) for an El Granite Max Pack R1T.
I've had no more communication than anyone else here it appears.
My reservation in my account is still the original USD order. No changes have been made since.

Given that I have the Max Pack order, I don't anticipate I'll be the first Canadian Rivian owner, but still look forward to it, whenever it happens.

Cheers

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi, I'm new to this site.

I'm a day one order (November 27, 2018) for an El Granite Max Pack R1T.
I've had no more communication than anyone else here it appears.
My reservation in my account is still the original USD order. No changes have been made since.

Given that I have the Max Pack order, I don't anticipate I'll be the first Canadian Rivian owner, but still look forward to it, whenever it happens.

Cheers
Second half of 2023 is what most max pack people have been told.

Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Another Vancouverite chiming in. Been lurking here looooong enough.

Aventure, Large, 20", El Cap, Black Mountain

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I bet the November deliveries in Canada will be the employees in Vancouver. Maybe non-employees in December or January. I've got 1H 2023 for my R1S. No clue on my R1T (no update for that yet).

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I bet the November deliveries in Canada will be the employees in Vancouver. Maybe non-employees in December or January. I've got 1H 2023 for my R1S. No clue on my R1T (no update for that yet).
This is likely. Mine is scheduled for Dec-Jan and I'm definitely NOT an employee 😄

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T doesn’t make much sense, they’ve ended their employee early adopter program for R1T.

There are so few Rivian employees in Vancouver compared to the US, they’ll probably get there’s in the same batch as all the other early Canadian orders.

depending on how they produce the Canadian orders, 2023 windows will still be valid or will also be pushed out.

I still think they will run out a bunch of Canadian orders at once, since there are probsbly not many. I’d guess they have less than 10,000 orders total for Canada.

land rover for instance does barely 12k vehicles per year in canada, across all models.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I was thinking they would probably start with the employees just to test the purchase process for BC in November.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was thinking they would probably start with the employees just to test the purchase process for BC in November.
It will be a lot different in BC/SK/MB than, say, Ontario or Alberta where insurance is private.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
It will be a lot different in BC/SK/MB than, say, Ontario or Alberta where insurance is private.
That may even be factored into the delivery timing. I can't recall what windows people in Alberta have. But there are a few of us in BC that have either Dec/Jan or 1H. And Ontario folks with H2. Although I'm sure it's service centers that will be the real driver.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That may even be factored into the delivery timing. I can't recall what windows people in Alberta have. But there are a few of us in BC that have either Dec/Jan or 1H. And Ontario folks with H2. Although I'm sure it's service centers that will be the real driver.
Welp time to change my delivery address 😂

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Quebec R1S LE here with 1H.
Sponsored