Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Ugghhhhh... Mine's been stuck in PENDING_FULFILLMENT since right after I signed the PBA... 18 days ago. I thought maybe it meant it was being built, but now I'm thinking they haven't even slotted me into the build process.

Guess I'm not getting the truck for my birthday this weekend.
1095 days for me.
Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Yeah from what I was told + just intuition it seems like a vehicleid is assigned when you're in queue for production so it can be anywhere from there to delivery. But now they are not giving 8 steps until vehicle is inspected at destination(to avoid people dropping cash on something that could still get damaged), so if the SC is a bit backed up it may take a bit but once you get the 8 steps it'll likely be fast.
I was told the same thing (regarding 8 steps/inspection). Hopefully they are just basically not using the fulfillment status anymore, but who knows? I do wish the process was less opaque.

I don't even need to be filling things out (though what's the harm in letting me do the basic steps that don't involve money?), but not knowing anything is frustrating (as just about everyone on the forums knows by now). My poor guide doesn't seem to have any insight, either. Just "I won't know anything until it shows up at the service center". I don't even know which "service center" is mine, since I'm 4.5 hours from the factory, and about 2 hours from the temporary Franklin setup.

And to be clear, because the tone of this is hard to read online, I'm not angry and don't feel that I'm "due" anything. The whole thing loses it's shine when you go from wildly excited (where I was 18 days ago) to confused and a bit concerned simply because there's no useful information.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I was told the same thing (regarding 8 steps/inspection). Hopefully they are just basically not using the fulfillment status anymore, but who knows? I do wish the process was less opaque.

I don't even need to be filling things out (though what's the harm in letting me do the basic steps that don't involve money?), but not knowing anything is frustrating (as just about everyone on the forums knows by now). My poor guide doesn't seem to have any insight, either. Just "I won't know anything until it shows up at the service center". I don't even know which "service center" is mine, since I'm 4.5 hours from the factory, and about 2 hours from the temporary Franklin setup.

And to be clear, because the tone of this is hard to read online, I'm not angry and don't feel that I'm "due" anything. The whole thing loses it's shine when you go from wildly excited (where I was 18 days ago) to confused and a bit concerned simply because there's no useful information.
Well pending fulfillment is the last step until it's ready for delivery on the online side, I believe so. Don't think you'd see any update till you get your 8 steps.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor

I did my 8 steps last Monday and I paid in full. Now my truck is here in town but it’s held on the seat recall and they won’t release it or give me any idea when they will. Frustrating. Today is my 3 year anniversary from order date.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Well pending fulfillment is the last step until it's ready for delivery on the online side, I believe so. Don't think you'd see any update till you get your 8 steps.
Yeah, this is where I am stuck too. I told my Guide I am open to other configurations as well, so she has been working hard bouncing around my final configuration to find a match. It's actually kind of fun to log in to see what my truck looks like on a given day. :)

There has to be some system that they are using to get these assigned, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Anyway, I am sure my time is coming! (s00n)

Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Yeah, this is where I am stuck too. I told my Guide I am open to other configurations as well, so she has been working hard bouncing around my final configuration to find a match. It's actually kind of fun to log in to see what my truck looks like on a given day. :)

There has to be some system that they are using to get these assigned, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Anyway, I am sure my time is coming! (s00n)
Evidently 30 trucks came off the line in Normal yesterday and one of them worked for me. I canceled the order I had and switched to a different truck Same configuration but in El Cap Granite. I have my guy waiting to do a stealth Xpel on it which I think will look great. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is delivered and prepped with out a hitch.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

@NorskBoy Do you think you were able to switch trucks to a different config and VIN because they took away your original VIN? Just want to know options. thanks!

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
@NorskBoy Do you think you were able to switch trucks to a different config and VIN because they took away your original VIN? Just want to know options. thanks!
I got the impression that if I called my guide for any reason I could have switched. He actually called me and let me know what was going on and recommended I make the switch as he had no info on when the recall on my truck would be resolved. My guide has been great and I have been a pest, a nice pest. but a pest.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Thanks. Can you give me a brief summary of what happened with your original truck?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Evidently 30 trucks came off the line in Normal yesterday and one of them worked for me.
@NorskBoy Great update! Are the last four digits of your VIN > 5000? Sharing this info could give us some insight into the production ramp.

Sponsored

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
@NorskBoy Great update! Are the last four digits of your VIN > 5000? Sharing this info could give us some insight into the production ramp.
My original was 3063. I have not been given my new vin yet but have asked my guide for it. I’ll update here when I get it.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks. Can you give me a brief summary of what happened with your original truck?
There is a recall on the passenger seat because it won’t disable the airbags if a toddler is in it. I think this Likely also impacts the seat sensing people in it when there not issue that has been widely talked about here. The fix is a whole new front seat which is made by Hyundai. My guide has no info on the seat delivery. I might of waited but I really liked the El Cap when I saw it in real life. Seemed like a good opportunity to get a truck that I like as much or more.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Well that is very concerning. Wonder if my R1T is waiting on a new passenger seat......

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
Norsk-

I was originally El Cap but switched to Black a couple months ago. My guide told me the other day that it wouldn't matter if I switched back to El Cap so I did just last week. My guide says she should "allocate me a truck in the next couple weeks".

Question for you is.. I'd really love to know what your PPF people are charging you (not that it matters completely since you're in Redmond area and I'm in Salt Lake). But I've been quoted between $5000-$8000 by three different places. My "normal" guy who's unreliable and takes days and days to get a car done told me just under $5K. I would love to know your out-the-door price so I have something to compare to. (I know a bunch of guys on here have all said "around $7K" but would love to know).
I'm trading my '21 Model 3 for a '22 Model 3 (just because I can with values right now) and have been trying to get someone to give me the "2 for 1 Discount" (LOL) on Stealth.

Hopefully we both get good news really soon now.

-Cheers.
Sponsored