Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@kylealden glad you finally got your truck!! My delivery got pushed about two weeks, but it's great seeing some long timers get theirs locally!

Got it, thanks. So is there any real point to having a vehicle ID then that we’re aware of?
Don't waste your time honestly. I didn't have a vehicleID assigned when I went to bed after midnight the night before waking up to an email to start my 8 step process.
Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Hot damn! Now to get on my bank's ass about the check...
I’m going to pay cash for mine also. I thought I was going to do a wire transfer. How did that work for you?

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
@kylealden glad you finally got your truck!! My delivery got pushed about two weeks, but it's great seeing some long timers get theirs locally!

Don't waste your time honestly. I didn't have a vehicleID assigned when I went to bed after midnight the night before waking up to an email to start my 8 step process.
Congratulations to both of you!

I'm curious if your guides have been responsive. I Tried texting mine a couple questions mid-day Friday and didn’t get a response. How have your experiences been?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

I'm curious if your guides have been responsive. I Tried texting mine a couple questions mid-day Friday and didn’t get a response. How have your experiences been?
Yeah. Sometimes mine take a couple of hours to reply, I'm sure he's quite busy with deliveries or waiting on answers. But overall responsive. I've heard of a couple of guides who aren't though. If that continues consistently you may want to talk to CS about it. Give them a break/chance though. They're obviously slammed.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Yeah. Sometimes mine take a couple of hours to reply, I'm sure he's quite busy with deliveries or waiting on answers. But overall responsive. I've heard of a couple of guides who aren't though. If that continues consistently you may want to talk to CS about it. Give them a break/chance though. They're obviously slammed.
My guide has been awesome on the communication. He gave me his personal number gor texting. He has also reached out to me after hours on multiple occasions. The info has been a little suspect though. I’d chalk that up to a new company trying to finish the plane on the way down the runway.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
I’m going to pay cash for mine also. I thought I was going to do a wire transfer. How did that work for you?
I financed because the rate was really low (2.44% with $0 down payment through First Tech FCU). I would happily pay more cash but at those rates with today's inflation it feels crazy.

My bank insisted on mailing a paper check. The 8 Steps require you to upload a photo of the front of the check and a tracking number to go ahead with the loan, which worked no problem. The bank was a little slow reviewing all our paperwork but got the check in the mail in time for our delivery.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management

Mine is usually a ~24 hour turnaround. She's been super friendly when we spoke on the phone but hasn't been super involved outside of locking the configuration tbh.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
For anyone else who's vehicleID has disappeared: I discovered there's multiple requests to /orders/graphql, and the second one returns similar but incomplete data, and does not include the vehicleID field.

So if you aren't sure, refresh the page and check the first orders request.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but scrolling through the last 20 pages of this thread I haven't been able to find an answer.

If you have a vehicleID number listed do you have a VIN assigned?

Thank you!
No. When you get a VIN assigned it shows up on the vehicle overview for your order on the website. The screens change significantly.

Sponsored

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE

Mine has been really slow to respond, but I am sure she is slammed as well. I have texted her a couple times and think I have only received a response once, and it was 1.5 weeks later. Still waiting on a reply from the question I sent middle of last week. I am sure she is doing her best, so just trying to remain patient.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
After a 3 1/2 years wait, we took delivery at the factory today. It was worth the wait and I'm extremely happy with my new R1T ! It still seems a little surreal.

We got a brief tour of the factory and saw lots of R1T's coming off the line, three of which were yellow. There was one LG R1S in the final inspection area. Our tour guide said he had been seeing more everyday. There was a separate line for the Amazon vans and there were several near the end of the line.

We saw where they run final test diagnostics and wheel alignment. They also have a water bath to check the weather seals. It was inside a booth so I couldn't see how they do it. They didn't allow pictures in the production area or I would have grabbed a few.

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? IMG_4443
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? Skateboard
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? Factory picku

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
After a 3 1/2 years wait, we took delivery at the factory today. It was worth the wait and I'm extremely happy with my new R1T ! It still seems a little surreal.

We got a brief tour of the factory and saw lots of R1T's coming off the line, three of which were yellow. There was one LG R1S in the final inspection area. Our tour guide said he had been seeing more everyday. There was a separate line for the Amazon vans and there were several near the end of the line.

We saw where they run final test diagnostics and wheel alignment. They also have a water bath to check the weather seals. It was inside a booth so I couldn't see how they do it. They didn't allow pictures in the production area or I would have grabbed a few.

IMG_4443.jpeg
Skateboard.jpeg
Factory pickup.jpeg
Congrats! Can't wait to see an R1S in LG. Enjoy!

Caruso0644

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carusobuildersny.com
Vehicles
22’ GT4, 22’ CT5 V Blackwing, BMW X7 M
Occupation
Builder / Developer
Hello, on 11/23/21 I was assigned the April/May delivery timeframe. I received an initial email from guide on 4/23 but I didn't open because the email subject was "Charging your Rivian On the Go"... No calls or messages. On 4/27 I received another email from her with a more appropriate subject lol "Hello from your Personal Rivian Guide" which then propted me to schedule our call which happened on 5/2.

Like anticipated she informed me that there is no definitive window for OC delivery's and I switched to BM that evening after speaking with her. She removed the gear shuttle on her end the following morning and said I was all set.

We've spoken a few times via phone and Text since and even moved my delivery address to my family's location in NYC (she felt that would help legisically and would speed up delivery as it's only 15-20 minutes from the NY SC).

I asked for an update this AM and she responded "At this point, I am going to GUESS delivery will not be this week. More likely in the next week or so.". But I still have not signed any PBA and the whole things just seems odd since the email last week said that you will receive a PBA as soon as you lock your Spec. She won't give me an estimate on my trade and can't tell me when I can receive the charger.... Having ordered many cars in the past even my most recent purchases both being produced in 22', this has been the most head scratching. Hopefully they can all get things inline or that stock isn't going to go anywhere...