Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

@kylealden congrats! She’s beautiful. Can you elaborate on the plastic wrapping being the possible cause for the paint scuffing? Surely some protective plastic wrapping doesn’t cause that, right?? I guess I’m hoping they don’t all have this issue if the plastic was used to protect the trucks during transport.
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
@kylealden congrats! She’s beautiful. Can you elaborate on the plastic wrapping being the possible cause for the paint scuffing? Surely some protective plastic wrapping doesn’t cause that, right?? I guess I’m hoping they don’t all have this issue if the plastic was used to protect the trucks during transport.
My guess is something came loose and was flapping on the hood for a thousand mile or so. It’s just a hazy looking abrasion on the clear coat, you can’t feel it physically and they seem confident their on site detailer can handle it quickly.

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
You'll want to be in Edge or Chrome for these instructions - other browsers can do it but the steps may vary. Note - DevTools are safe but can be scary and intimidating.

Open a new window and hit the F12 key, or right-click on the page and select "inspect." A new pane or window should open up called DevTools or similar. You should see a row of tabs along the top. Click the "Network" tab. Check the "disable cache" box at the top. Should look something like this.

1651005465229.png

In the new tab, go to rivian.com and sign into your account, then navigate to the vehicle reservation (the icon that says "R1T 01" on the left).

Go back to DevTools, hit the magnifying glass icon, and type configurationStatus. The list below should filter to one or a few items. You want an entry or entries that start with "graphql". Click the text below graphql.

1651005633060.png

In the right-hand pane, click the "response" tab and then click the little {} button at the bottom to pretty-print this response so it is readable. You should see a structured JSON payload with the properties and values we're comparing here (and a bunch of personal data like your address, preordered accessories, configuration, etc.). The pertinent info should be under "orderSnapshots". If you don't see it, try clicking the other graphql responses in the left-hand pane.

1651005891020.png

Once you're done, close DevTools so it doesn't sit there recording network activity for no reason 🙂

Be careful sharing screenshots or copied text from this view - there's a lot of your personal information in there including various GUIDs, your name and address, etc.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but scrolling through the last 20 pages of this thread I haven't been able to find an answer.

If you have a vehicleID number listed do you have a VIN assigned?

Thank you!

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but scrolling through the last 20 pages of this thread I haven't been able to find an answer.

If you have a vehicleID number listed do you have a VIN assigned?

Thank you!
No. I saw a vehicle ID before my guide said I was matched with a VIN

Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
No. I saw a vehicle ID before my guide said I was matched with a VIN
My Guide did not seem to know when I was disconnected from my vin. I got curious and double checked my vehicleID on the website. It had switched back to “null”. I reached out to my guide who told me it was no problem. 1 hour later he let me know it was a problem! He called me late on Friday night and told it was resolved. I logged back in and my Vehicle ID was back. He also told my portal for the 8 steps would open this weekend. Not yet…,

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
You'll want to be in Edge or Chrome for these instructions - other browsers can do it but the steps may vary. Note - DevTools are safe but can be scary and intimidating.

Open a new window and hit the F12 key, or right-click on the page and select "inspect." A new pane or window should open up called DevTools or similar. You should see a row of tabs along the top. Click the "Network" tab. Check the "disable cache" box at the top. Should look something like this.

1651005465229.png

In the new tab, go to rivian.com and sign into your account, then navigate to the vehicle reservation (the icon that says "R1T 01" on the left).

Go back to DevTools, hit the magnifying glass icon, and type configurationStatus. The list below should filter to one or a few items. You want an entry or entries that start with "graphql". Click the text below graphql.

1651005633060.png

In the right-hand pane, click the "response" tab and then click the little {} button at the bottom to pretty-print this response so it is readable. You should see a structured JSON payload with the properties and values we're comparing here (and a bunch of personal data like your address, preordered accessories, configuration, etc.). The pertinent info should be under "orderSnapshots". If you don't see it, try clicking the other graphql responses in the left-hand pane.

1651005891020.png

Once you're done, close DevTools so it doesn't sit there recording network activity for no reason 🙂

Be careful sharing screenshots or copied text from this view - there's a lot of your personal information in there including various GUIDs, your name and address, etc.
Question… now that you have your truck is your vehicleID related to your vin?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Got it, thanks. So is there any real point to having a vehicle ID then that we’re aware of?
Your vehicleID is assigned based on your configuration and PBA. Having one listed means that there is a specific vehicle assigned to you.
In your mind picture me holding a clipboard. It will make me more of an authority! :-0

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Ooof. My vehicleID is missing now. I signed the PBA back on the 29th. Hopefully it's just a glitch. I guess I'll reach out to my guide tomorrow.

Edit: It's back!

Last edited:

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Got it- thanks @kylealden. Hope it’s an easy fix for them like they think.

Sponsored

Crc83

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Your vehicleID is assigned based on your configuration and PBA. Having one listed means that there is a specific vehicle assigned to you.
In your mind picture me holding a clipboard. It will make me more of an authority! :-0
Probably a dumb question. How do you see if you have a vehicleID? I searched but couldn’t find where it is. Thanks!

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Probably a dumb question. How do you see if you have a vehicleID? I searched but couldn’t find where it is. Thanks!
Not a dumb question at all.

from @kylealden

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1651005465229-

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1651005633060-

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1651005891020-

Crc83

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Not a dumb question at all.

from @kylealden

1651005465229-png.png

1651005633060-png.png

1651005891020-png.png

Wow. Thank you!! I thought I was missing something obvious on the Rivian account webpage or app haha. Appreciate the help.

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Thanks for all your insight. I was reading your footer, sorry about losing your VIN. Out of curiosity do you have a vehicleID again or is it gone too?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks for all your insight. I was reading your footer, sorry about losing your VIN. Out of curiosity do you have a vehicleID again or is it gone too?
I need to update my signature. I did lose my vehicle ID and then confirmed that I’d lost my Vin. My guide made it right on Friday night. I got my original vehicle ID and VIN back. He thought my portal would open this weekend for the eight steps. Still checking my email every 10 minutes.
Sponsored

Last edited: