Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Did they give you an option to pick it up at the SC?
I didn't ask and the delivery step is currently locked so I cannot see the options.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

evergreenmachine

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Dodge 3500
So, this is great, on April 26th, after signing the PBA the prior week, my guide indicated that my VIN was created...then on April 29th when I asked about the charger, reconfirmed that the VIN as created, but the vehicle had not headed into production.

Reached out today, and out of curiosity asked if maybe some of my config was slowing down getting to the next steps (to which the answer was no), and then he indicated that as of yesterday there was NOT a VIN associated with my account, but today there was....

So apparently, I had a VIN last week, lost a VIN somewhere, and now seemingly have a VIN back!

Not sure how to read all of that, but it is definitely frustrating!!!! Even though I was on the March/April delivery schedule (bwahahahahaha), apparently I'm not really that much closer to ending the interminable wait!

S00n I guess, and siiiigggghhhhhhhh......

Sponsored

Casper

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 Volvo P1800s; R1T Preorder
Occupation
Software Co. CEO
So after 1,255 days, countless broken promises, re-scheduled trips and more disappointments and frustration than a human being should have to endure…IT’S HERE!
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 2F0FD53B-82E9-4F93-82B9-033B1729FFF9

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Hot damn! Now to get on my bank's ass about the check...

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1651860977045

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Hot damn! Now to get on my bank's ass about the check...

1651860977045.png
They took away my VIN yesterday and I don't know why. I am still waiting for my 8 Steps. My guide says I'm still OK but I'm skeptical.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
I got my vin Back tonight. Guide says portal will open tomorrow. Will see….

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I got my vin Back tonight. Guide says portal will open tomorrow. Will see….
Start on your financing/insurance right away. It was kind of a cluster to get through!

Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Start on your financing/insurance right away. It was kind of a cluster to get through!
If it opens today I’ll probably just get thier insurance. I figure I can drop it ASAP if it’s not great. I already secured financing but think I’ll just do a wire transfer and do a cash out refi after. Makes no difference to credit union and streamlines the process with rivian. I just really want my truck!

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
If it opens today I’ll probably just get thier insurance. I figure I can drop it ASAP if it’s not great. I already secured financing but think I’ll just do a wire transfer and do a cash out refi after. Makes no difference to credit union and streamlines the process with rivian. I just really want my truck!
YMMV. I was pre-approved by my Credit Union. I called to ask about the process for buying and they said that unless Rivian has a Dealer License in CO (which they don't yet) they wouldn't finance it. I'd need to pay, then do a refi after the title is taken care of. I was quoted a rate of 2.99% for 66mos and am concerned that rates will go up by the time I can refi. I have a HELOC at 3.5%, but that's variable, and I'm guessing will go up. I decided to go with Rivian for 6 years at 4.47% to cover my ass. Hopefully I'll be able to refi at the lower rate from the credit union when the time comes.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
YMMV. I was pre-approved by my Credit Union. I called to ask about the process for buying and they said that unless Rivian has a Dealer License in CO (which they don't yet) they wouldn't finance it. I'd need to pay, then do a refi after the title is taken care of. I was quoted a rate of 2.99% for 66mos and am concerned that rates will go up by the time I can refi. I have a HELOC at 3.5%, but that's variable, and I'm guessing will go up. I decided to go with Rivian for 6 years at 4.47% to cover my ass. Hopefully I'll be able to refi at the lower rate from the credit union when the time comes.
I wouldn’t use the home actually line of credit. That’s adjustable and it’s probably going to get ugly. I locked in at 2.99 for 30 days with my credit Union two days ago. So I’m hoping it’s a pretty simple process.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
I wouldn’t use the home actually line of credit. That’s adjustable and it’s probably going to get ugly. I locked in at 2.99 for 30 days with my credit Union two days ago. So I’m hoping it’s a pretty simple process.
That's why I decided not to use the HELOC.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I’ll do a more detailed write up next week, but she’s here!
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? EA4EA106-A090-4905-A2FA-90986CDD1E85

The SC called ahead of my appointment to let me know there was some paint scuffing from transit (from the plastic wrap apparently) and they were trying to get a third party detailer to fix it while their detailer was out for the weekend.

Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 74E43F70-3AE8-4786-8D7B-E4B2D037BA9B

When the detailer no showed they asked to reschedule for Tuesday. I had plans for the truck in the afternoon (moving some firewood, so asked if it could be delivered as-is and did the paint later - they obliged.

A couple issues on delivery:
  1. Paint scuffing as noted which the SC will fix
  2. Charge port isn’t super well aligned which I also have a service request in for
  3. A couple very minor paint chips around the tailgate inside edge and one or two other places. All so minor I’m just going to ignore them - might as well get a head start on getting used to a lived-in vehicle
Otherwise she’s been a dream - we immediately loaded up for an 80 mile drive and have lived every minute.

Unfortunately my tonneau cover jammed when I tried to close it after loading up a bed full of firewood (no obstructions). I’ve got a repair order for that. Early adopter pains but I’m on cloud nine overall. And the pup loves it!
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? E4FFE298-96BF-4E8F-9983-9260C6AEC9BF
Sponsored