Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Oh I want one so bad... Had my Guide call Wednesday and he thought I should have my PBA by now. Did a follow up call today, says I should have it by the end of the day. I'm dying here.
My guide called me today to let me know my PBA was delayed because I changed the delivery address from my office to my home. Says it will be about a week. The good news is that according to him my order has gone in and it should not effect delivery. Not sure if I believe that but it makes me feel better. :)
Sponsored

evergreenmachine

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Dodge 3500
8/19 Pre-order, LE R1T, LE Green, BM Interior, March/April Window
1st Guide Call on 4/15, then a week to get the PBA....annnddd then....crickets.

I texted my guide after I processed the PBA, and asked about next steps, and if it would be 2 weeks or 2 months just sonI could get an idea on when to line up funds.

Response back was that I had to wait for a VIN, and that he had not figured out the science to the timing...implying it could be two weeks, or could be two more months!

Back in the wait cycle I guess?

Seems that delivery timing from PBA is all over the map, so not sure how to metric off that....seems I'm back to S00N!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Did the website 'change' after talking to your guide? Mine still has the edit buttons to let me change my config... No PBA yet.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Did the website 'change' after talking to your guide? Mine still has the edit buttons to let me change my config... No PBA yet.

My configuration is locked and it's been that way for 6 weeks. Still no PBA. This is the final week of the delivery window, so I'm hoping to hear some good news.
After 3 yrs, 5 months of waiting, I'm tired of riding a roller coaster, building excitement and feeling let down when nothing happens.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My configuration is locked and it's been that way for 6 weeks. Still no PBA. This is the final week of the delivery window, so I'm hoping to hear some good news.
After 3 yrs, 5 months of waiting, I'm tired of riding a roller coaster, building excitement and feeling let down when nothing happens.
I feel like I've still got a long wait since my guide didn't lock my config.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Last week for our window. How many others out there are very doubtful a Rivian will be in their driveway this week?

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Last week for our window. How many others out there are very doubtful a Rivian will be in their driveway this week?
Let's just say I am not going to be holding my breath. At this point, I am hopeful for the end of May. I have my PBA signed, but I don't think it means the same thing that it used to. It seems to be more of a "buy us a little more time" move than having any meaningful significance in terms of progress. Oh well, I suppose we just keep waiting and hoping!

Side note: Please be nice to CS and the guides. I talked to mine a couple weeks ago, and could tell she is doing her best, but likely has little more information than us (perhaps less in some cases). I know they are our windows into the company, but they are just people doing the best with what they have, so be kind!

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It seems like several people have signed their PBA within the past week or so. Curious how many of those have unlocked the 8 steps?

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
It seems like several people have signed their PBA within the past week or so. Curious how many of those have unlocked the 8 steps?
Crickets here...

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Crickets here...
Are you able to check your account to see if you've got a VIN assigned yet? If you're familiar with response inspection in Chrome, you can see your status.

For instance, mine shows:
"type":"PRE_ORDER","fulfillmentSummaryStatus":"SELECTED_FOR_FULFILLMENT","vehicleId":null
My assumtion is that vehicleId will change from "null" to a VIN once you have one assigned.

Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Are you able to check your account to see if you've got a VIN assigned yet? If you're familiar with response inspection in Chrome, you can see your status.

My assumtion is that vehicleId will change from "null" to a VIN once you have one assigned.

Not sure if vehicleId is a VIN, I have a number listed there, no 8 steps or anything though. I suppose I could be 8100's in VIN though...

"state": "ORDERED",
"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "PENDING_FULFILLMENT",
"vehicleId": "XX-XXXXX81XX" (I x'ed out numbers, because I dunno)

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Not sure if vehicleId is a VIN, I have a number listed there, no 8 steps or anything though. I suppose I could be 8100's in VIN though...

"state": "ORDERED",
"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "PENDING_FULFILLMENT",
"vehicleId": "XX-XXXXX81XX" (I x'ed out numbers, because I dunno)
Interesting. Agreed that doesn't look directly related to VIN. Maybe just an internal identifier.

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer

Where in the response is that located? In the HTML or some javascript?

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
Where in the response is that located? In the HTML or some javascript?
NM, found it in various responses by searching for "configurationStatus".

SOFT_LOCKED but I have no fulfillmentSummaryStatus so it would appear that having that field populated as SELECTED_FOR_FULFILLMENT or PENDING_FULFILLMENT would put you farther down the workflow toward delivery.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician

Not sure what part of the account page to inspect? Can you be more specific?
Sponsored