Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Norsk-

I was originally El Cap but switched to Black a couple months ago. My guide told me the other day that it wouldn't matter if I switched back to El Cap so I did just last week. My guide says she should "allocate me a truck in the next couple weeks".

Question for you is.. I'd really love to know what your PPF people are charging you (not that it matters completely since you're in Redmond area and I'm in Salt Lake). But I've been quoted between $5000-$8000 by three different places. My "normal" guy who's unreliable and takes days and days to get a car done told me just under $5K. I would love to know your out-the-door price so I have something to compare to. (I know a bunch of guys on here have all said "around $7K" but would love to know).
I'm trading my '21 Model 3 for a '22 Model 3 (just because I can with values right now) and have been trying to get someone to give me the "2 for 1 Discount" (LOL) on Stealth.

Hopefully we both get good news really soon now.

-Cheers.
Basic xpel stealth 7900. 8400 with ceramic. 1500ish for a full tint package including the ceiling. Nothing is cheap here. My guy actually over cuts everything and takes the panels loose on the truck to make sure it’s a full wrap with no exposed seams. He will need the truck for at least a week to do it right. That’s gonna kill me.
Sponsored

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Well that is very concerning. Wonder if my R1T is waiting on a new passenger seat......
500 trucks were affected.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Norsk-

I was originally El Cap but switched to Black a couple months ago. My guide told me the other day that it wouldn't matter if I switched back to El Cap so I did just last week. My guide says she should "allocate me a truck in the next couple weeks".

Question for you is.. I'd really love to know what your PPF people are charging you (not that it matters completely since you're in Redmond area and I'm in Salt Lake). But I've been quoted between $5000-$8000 by three different places. My "normal" guy who's unreliable and takes days and days to get a car done told me just under $5K. I would love to know your out-the-door price so I have something to compare to. (I know a bunch of guys on here have all said "around $7K" but would love to know).
I'm trading my '21 Model 3 for a '22 Model 3 (just because I can with values right now) and have been trying to get someone to give me the "2 for 1 Discount" (LOL) on Stealth.

Hopefully we both get good news really soon now.

-Cheers.
$6,500 in Denver

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
I guess the quotes coming-in between 6-8K are inline though. Ironic how just a couple years ago, it was about $4K (high-end) for this. The PPF products haven't gone up double in two years. Everyone is gouging. It's annoying. I guess the other good thing I should be grateful for is that my "normal" tint / PPF guy always "throws-in" the tint when I do full front end PPF. So I guess I'm saving near a grand on my Model 3 when he does the entire pano roof as well.
#SmallBlessings

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consulting
Also, not that this is the thread for this but.. have any of you researched or followed the charging methods enough to know the VERY BEST method for charging both a Model 3 and a Rivian off of the same outlet? I guess I could have my guy run a second 60amp since the garage is right above the panel. I just thought about that as I'm typing this.
I've been wondering which "splitter" out there allows the best charge-sharing with the most juice as well as which Wall appliance to get (Rivian dedicated) or Tesla with "Tesla-tap" which people have been mentioning. I'm not sure how to just have both cars plugged in at night and not have to be nursing the charging sessions.

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Finally Here. Took Delivery yesterday!

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Quick roll call of R1T March-April window folks that are still waiting. I just need confirmation that I am not alone. Tell me I am not alone!!!
Rivian R1T R1S Any "March-April" delivery people contacted? 1652979326013

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Quick roll call of R1T March-April window folks that are still waiting. I just need confirmation that I am not alone. Tell me I am not alone!!!
1652979326013.png
You sir are not alone. I feel your pain.

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
16days guide contact to 8 steps open. Knocked out 1-7 in a couple of hours.
Reserved 2/2019
R1T LE CY/FE 22 brights
No trade in, no finance, use my insurance carrier (Happens to be Nationwide).

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consulting
Guide contact April 15 2022. PBA received and signed this week (May 18) = (1) month from guide contact to PBA. She indicated that she would be "finding me a truck to allocate to me" in the next couple of weeks.
(Reservation Jan2020)

[Was El Cap / Ocean --switched to Midnight with BM and now back to El Cap with BM per guide saying it wouldn't hurt anything as long as interior is BM]

Sponsored

mos

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent 2019, Chevy Bolt 2022
Also, not that this is the thread for this but.. have any of you researched or followed the charging methods enough to know the VERY BEST method for charging both a Model 3 and a Rivian off of the same outlet? I guess I could have my guy run a second 60amp since the garage is right above the panel. I just thought about that as I'm typing this.
I've been wondering which "splitter" out there allows the best charge-sharing with the most juice as well as which Wall appliance to get (Rivian dedicated) or Tesla with "Tesla-tap" which people have been mentioning. I'm not sure how to just have both cars plugged in at night and not have to be nursing the charging sessions.
I'll be using the Tesla Wall Charger + TeslaTap to charge my Rivian once it arrives. It works pretty well (tested with a Chevy Bolt 2022). We also have a 14-50 outlet as backup.

In terms of charging strategy, unless you are driving 200+ miles daily, it's unlikely you'll need to charge both at the same time. You can alternate overnight charging.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
So I just checked my email to ensure my window was March-April 2022 and not 2023, because it's almost June and I thought for a brief moment that maybe I just looked at it wrong. I did not. s00n...

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
So I still have no VIN or 8 steps, but Rivian sent me a charger. Maybe a good sign, but I have no idea at this point. I received my charger about 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard a word since. What I find particularly odd is I haven't paid for anything yet, but maybe this is the norm? It just seems like they would want me to have a truck assigned and start the 8-steps before they started sending me equipment. Anyone know if this is standard? Hoping it is a good sign for me!

cc4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2018 Challenger Hellcat
So I still have no VIN or 8 steps
You seem like one of the earliest that hasn't had the process start at all right? I signed my PBA around the same time as you, but had good guide contact on possible trucks.

I think the wall charger is separate from the truck as far as procurement and delivery to owners, though the fact that you haven't paid anything is interesting.

:fingerscrossed: you hear something not "soon" but like in a week max, especially in your location.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
You seem like one of the earliest that hasn't had the process start at all right? I signed my PBA around the same time as you, but had good guide contact on possible trucks.

I think the wall charger is separate from the truck as far as procurement and delivery to owners, though the fact that you haven't paid anything is interesting.

:fingerscrossed: you hear something not "soon" but like in a week max, especially in your location.
I would think I am pretty early, but I know there are still some day 1 pre-orders that haven't received a truck yet either. I am in Denver, which seems to have been one of lucky locations in terms of deliveries. By all accounts, the Guide seems to be critical in moving things forward, and that seems to be another area where I didn't exactly hit the Rivian lottery. I was originally OC, but changed when the delay email came out, so maybe that is part of the reason for delay.

I have my fingers crossed that I will be in the Rivian shop group. I am pretty flexible on colors and configuration, so if given a few options, I am 100% sure I could find one that works for me. s00n...
Sponsored