Sponsored

Any "March-April" delivery people contacted?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
So I haven’t posted anything lately, but there has been some progress on my R1T delivery. I was finally contacted by my guide Jorge a few weeks ago and was told that we were close…and was sent the initial document (pre-purchase agreement?) for signing. I told my guide that I had hoped to go on a trip this spring that I had delayed until the end of April due to my delivery window being “March-April”. He assured me we could make it by the end of the month.

When I pressed him, he said it looked like my truck was at the Bellevue service center., and that the 8 step process should start within a few days. Then crickets for days and days…

Another week passed, and I sent him a message (Monday 4/18) asking for status, and he told me he had inquired about my truck and was waiting for a response. A while later he responded again saying my truck was in production that week (!) and should ship soon. Then Friday 4/22 he said it was built and scheduled for transport.

So nothing until I pinged him again yesterday, and he responded after awhile saying it was in Bellevue (where have I heard that before?) but had to go through inspection prior to starting the 8-step. This meant no chance for delivery until the first week of May at the earliest.

My takeaways - even the Guides don’t really have accurate information, the process is incredibly complex, and if they expect to continue this current cumbersome process there is no way they can ramp to the expected volume. I really have high hopes for this company and I’m excited about finally getting my truck, but very concerned as a shareholder that they can ever seriously ramp to become a contender in the electric vehicle space doing things the way they are now.

While I truly appreciate the SC initial inspection, and the final inspection just prior to delivery (which sets expectations incredibly high BTW) RJ has overthought this whole thing and needs immediate and significant process improvement in the delivery space, if not elsewhere! I’ve never purchased a new car that took more than a few hours to complete the process, a day or two at most after arrival if I had custom ordered it from the factory!

Sorry for the long post. Is my frustration showing yet?
@Casper It’s now June 11th, so I’m assuming you got your R1T? How did the rest of the process go? Did your guide, Jorge, provide any added value to the process?
Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
So I still have no VIN or 8 steps, but Rivian sent me a charger. Maybe a good sign, but I have no idea at this point. I received my charger about 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard a word since. What I find particularly odd is I haven't paid for anything yet, but maybe this is the norm? It just seems like they would want me to have a truck assigned and start the 8-steps before they started sending me equipment. Anyone know if this is standard? Hoping it is a good sign for me!
You paid the $1000 deposit when you pre-ordered so they have that to cover the charger they shipped.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
You paid the $1000 deposit when you pre-ordered so they have that to cover the charger they shipped.
I understand that. I was really just wondering if this was normal or if I could glean some information from the fact they sent it to me already. I got the wonderful news yesterday that my window was inexplicably pushed back to Oct-Nov despite being willing to take nearly anything. So my hunch is the charger doesn’t really mean anything, and they just sent it to me because they have no real controls on anything. I am just hoping for the R1 Shop at this point.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JEV

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I'm guessing this is a good sign....

"state": "ORDERED",
"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"currency": "USD",
"orderDate": "2019-09-15T18:37:28.000Z",
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "PENDING_FULFILLMENT",
"vehicleId": "01-xxxxxxx23",
@bdavis171 , did you check this code frequently? Mine matches everything but I don't have a Vehicle ID and I'm curious how long till I get that after everything else lines up with yours.

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@bdavis171 , did you check this code frequently? Mine matches everything but I don't have a Vehicle ID and I'm curious how long till I get that after everything else lines up with yours.
I did check it frequently until it was assigned. My steps opened up less than a week later... Hopefully its the same for you!

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

So yesterday, I went through the instructions here and too my horror, my old address in Texas showed up under "shippingAddress". Several entries later, my correct address in Colorado shows up.

I contacted support and asked about it. I was told that the shipping address was indeed for Colorado. One day later (today) I got an invite for a First Mile Event. Coincidence?

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the 90 pages of replies: but when I check the dev tools it shows my status as “cancelled”. I had cancelled with the original price hike and then reinstated a few days later. Has anyone experienced this? I’d lose my mind if my order just mixed up because they thought I cancelled completely

RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the 90 pages of replies: but when I check the dev tools it shows my status as “cancelled”. I had cancelled with the original price hike and then reinstated a few days later. Has anyone experienced this? I’d lose my mind if my order just mixed up because they thought I cancelled completely
Yep, I panicked too; turns out that's an old entry :).

Keep scrolling down (search for another instance of "configurationStatus"), and you'll see a newer entry reflecting your latest status.
Sponsored