Sponsored

Any idea how configuration updates are going to work?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Rivian R1T R1S Any idea how configuration updates are going to work? 1605734182127

Any reason to believe the tire designed specifically for Rivian will be orders of magnitude cheaper?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
That's the 21". Much higher than the 20". Do you have those numbers.
No.
There is no bespoke Pirelli Scorpion AT for the Bentley (or any other brand/model).
The point is the premium that Pirelli gets for the OEM Model specific tires they develop.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Thinking $500-800/tire on these Rivian tires?

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Thinking $500-800/tire on these Rivian tires?
Something that will impact my final configuration. As pretty as the 22s are and as much fun as the "grippy" tires will be, $1K+/yr in tires would get old quick. My guess is the OEM 22s will be lucky to get 20K miles given some of the reviews I've seen.
The 21s seem to make the most sense, unless we stay locked into a single tire choice from a single manufacturer.
It may be that I go with the 20's and put some of the widely available All Season options on after the OEMS wear out.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
... It may be that I go with the 20's and put some of the widely available All Season options on after the OEMS wear out.
That's my plan. Anything larger than the minimum is just for looks unless you're tossing it around on an asphalt track. So, order an extra set of 20" wheels (black, please) and put some high quality road tires on it for most use.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Something that will impact my final configuration. As pretty as the 22s are and as much fun as the "grippy" tires will be, $1K+/yr in tires would get old quick. My guess is the OEM 22s will be lucky to get 20K miles given some of the reviews I've seen.
The 21s seem to make the most sense, unless we stay locked into a single tire choice from a single manufacturer.
It may be that I go with the 20's and put some of the widely available All Season options on after the OEMS wear out.
"Grippy" tires are typically softer rubber. It's a given that they run down a lot faster. If you're not making regular trips to the track or the drag strip with your Rivian, they probably aren't the most practical choice.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I’m in a similar boat, but cybertruck not hummer. As I’m sure a few other rivian reservation holders are. On paper nothing holds a candle to the range per dollar of the cybertruck, but time will tell. It’s gonna be an interesting summer, as the official details roll out for the production cybertruck and rivian reservation holders start to get an idea on delivery timelines.
Same here...I originally put a deposit on Rivian, then CyberTruck Tri-Mortor so now both. I'm hoping I'll be able to test-drive each before deciding. Battery tech is a big question now. Is Tesla's 4680 going to be a lot better than Rivian's 2170? Tesla has so much talent between them and SpaceX, I'm wondering if anyone will be able to keep up?
Sponsored